Why Do I Call You My Puppies? 30 Day Video Challenge 2 of 30

Post image for Why Do I Call You My Puppies? 30 Day Video Challenge 2 of 30

by Melody Fletcher on May 2, 2017

Holy crap! I’m totally overwhelmed at the response to yesterday’s video! To be honest, I was a bit nervous about posting it (what, with the blubbering and all), but it really seems to have struck a chord. And I’m so happy that so many of you are on board with the challenge, and were willing to share your own ways of stepping up so opening and authentically. We truly are all in this together!

But before we go further, I thought we should talk about how I refer to you – this whole Happy Shiny Puppy thing. Why do I use that phrase? Couldn’t it be construed as a bit condescending? I decided to face highly controversial (ha!) topic head-on in today’s video (day 2 of my challenge! Yay!).

Now, I want to hear from you? What symbol perfectly embodies this happy shiny energy to you? Is it a puppy? A kitten? Richard Simmons? Let me know in the comments below!!

{ 45 comments… read them below or add one }

Disney Deanna May 2, 2017 at 15:03

Thanks melody! Making my day great!

Isabel Martins May 2, 2017 at 15:15

Happy shiny puppy ALL THE WAY! The love, the joy, the zest for life that they have, the sky high cuteness level and adorable factor, I’m in!!! LOL! And looooooooooove to be around people like that too, we have a GREAT time! :)
Isabel Martins invites you to read..CONCEITED OR SELF-LOVING? A BULLYING TRICK.My Profile

kellie May 2, 2017 at 15:16

Personally I LOVE being a Happy Shiny Puppy!

Holly May 2, 2017 at 15:49

Me too! :)

Peekay May 2, 2017 at 15:40

Hi Melody and welcome back. I was delighted to see your email arrive yesterday especially because I had started to wonder in the past week if I had accidentally fallen off the mailing list. Always a treasure to see your take on things.

Kathy @ SMART Living 365.com May 2, 2017 at 15:54

Ha! I feel honored to be called a happy shiny puppy! Please continue to call us that or–your field of sunflowers which also symbolizes happiness and good energy.
Kathy @ SMART Living 365.com invites you to read..Please Be Responsible For The Energy You Take With You Wherever You GoMy Profile

Tami Nichole May 2, 2017 at 16:12

I’m not a dog-person but I did like your description of what you mean by Happy Puppy… Everyone has a spirit animal, I am connected to bunnies & horses. Did you ever see the film Golden Compass? Amazing representation of people with animal spirits beside them. It’s great when you describe more, tell more personal stories. Btw did you see our site about inner strength as positive psychology?

Debbie May 2, 2017 at 17:09

Melody –
Happy shiny puppy, yee-haw! I have always liked the term and have no problem being referred to in this manner. Obviously, the idea came to you as an insight and that makes it perfect for you. Carrying on, girl.

V May 2, 2017 at 17:13

I do call people puppy or think of them as out of love :D the wagging , the big eyes do come to mind with playfulness , authenticity , real connection and love .. absolutely adore happy shiny puppies xx

Nay May 2, 2017 at 18:07

Look a you all excited and happy and just vibrant! You will always be the light that shines for us happy shiny puppies!

Lee May 2, 2017 at 18:27

Hi Melody ,
I am new hear and thanks for the explanation of ” Happy Shiny Puppy “.

I am liking the symbolism with what goes along with it . It put me

in a high vibration state !

Journeywoman May 2, 2017 at 18:30

I’m more of a cat person, but I was always fine with it. Though I admit to being a bit taken aback when you started calling us happy shiny puppies “in training” – what, did we get demoted somehow? ;) I guess it just doesn’t seem like a concept that lends itself to training, as if there were an end goal or a graduation day. There’s only ever This Moment, and what we’re choosing to be in it. For myself, I just have to work on a little more consistency in what I choose… :)

Merwin May 2, 2017 at 19:39

I’m pretty new as a subscriber, but I did a few posts before I bought Deliberate Receiving about a month ago. I actually thought “Happy Shiny Puppy” was the symbol of the higher spectrum of emotion, and something we can strive towards. I always recognized the symbolism behind it, and have been totally fine with it. And puppies are cute and adorable! So I’m the way okay with it. So glad you didn’t choose babies though. THAT would have sounded condescending after a while.

Beautiful J May 2, 2017 at 19:53

You’re beautiful! Thank you!

Emily May 2, 2017 at 19:54

Yup! I like happy, shiny, puppies. It sounds fun and I do love fun!

Rose May 2, 2017 at 20:38

Hi Melody!!! Wow, I’m so excited to see you every day. My symbol is a blank notebook in which I can write to my heart’s content. I also have a nice smooth pen that never smudges, only glides. I can write anything I want in this notebook. BTW I really like how you say ‘shiny’ puppies. Puppies are indeed so adorable, full of energy, always wanting to play, and happy balls of cuteness. Thanks for calling me that. :-) <3 XOXO Goodnight Melody, sweet dreams, can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Alex May 2, 2017 at 20:38

The happy shiney puppy thing is one of the things I vibed with when I first started reading your blog! Bc I get so excited so much of the time! When im super excited to see someone I havent seen in forever I literally run out of the car to the door to hug the person bc I just can not wait to see them lol <3 I really love your videos and I cant wait to go through this month with you!!!! On a side note any dates for when reality academy is coming out?

Melody Fletcher May 3, 2017 at 18:37

No date set yet, we’re working on it… Shooting for beginning of June, so… soon!! *whispers*: Soon.
He, he.

Amy May 2, 2017 at 21:18

Love your positive energy! :)
Amy invites you to read..TOP 5: Starbucks BeveragesMy Profile

C L May 2, 2017 at 21:31

I am LOVING it! All of it. Loving your fresh enthusiasm, your vulnerability, your being the “sit down and chat” bff next door. And I love being a shiny happy puppy! I’ll e-mail you separately about many success stories I’ve been dying to share after a 1:1 with you last summer. Keep on shining, Melody. (Or not if you don’t feel like it. It’s all good!) xo

Steph May 4, 2017 at 01:10

It would be great if you felt able to share them with us. :-)

Alex May 2, 2017 at 21:33

Melody, This is Great!

I was wondering if at some point you could talk about specific practices to focus on positive outcomes. Also this 30 day challenge has gotten me thinking about daily routines. I’d love to hear your thoughts on routines, and how they can be used to bring out more happy shiny puppiness – I just made that a word.

Lots of love!
Alex

April May 2, 2017 at 21:54

This seems a bit random, but when you mentioned sharing more about yourself, I remembered this… Did you ever get back into singing? Anyway, for me, who I really am feels like the sky, the wind, the trees; it feels like open roads and giant fields of grass, but I do like puppies :)

Lisa Jiardini May 2, 2017 at 23:02

Happy Shiny Puppy works pretty well because it ties in to my image of carefreeness (?), which is a dog hanging out a window, with his ears flying in the breeze and a big goofy grin on his/her face! :) Shine on Happy Puppy!

Steph May 3, 2017 at 02:02

Yeah really like the happy, shiney puppy idea.

Rachel May 3, 2017 at 02:27

Happy Shiny Puppy nails it! I understood this totally when I saw the slideshow that’s on your homepage – spot on! Now when I see the happy shiny puppiness in puppies and in older dogs I think of you Melody and the whole concept and it inspires me to keep moving up the vibrational scale :-)

MJ May 3, 2017 at 03:49

Thank you for your energy and enthusiasm. I need that support right now as I have to manifest some big changes in my life for my health and well being. Feeling under tremendous pressure, seeing your videos makes me feel less alone ????????????

aurore May 3, 2017 at 05:25

Oh wow! Your energy is SO happy shiny puppy today! It’s clear your inspiration is in full flow :) . You made me laugh, a lot! I love being a happy shiny puppy – perfect analogy. And let’s face it we are all happy shiny puppies in training as no one’s perfect, yet ;) . SO looking forward to all your videos this month. Thanks for spoiling us!

Lisa May 3, 2017 at 06:10

Proud to be a puppy! :)

andy May 3, 2017 at 06:44

Hi Melody , great 2nd video
I like the puppy thing ,its part of a package what drew me towards you for guidance on my journey . I think it reaches out there and connects in a warm sunshiny way . Sat in sunshine after the winter listening to birds and watching , all of our natural world thriving and loving life …you can smell the energy …this is me !

Crystal May 3, 2017 at 07:41

Edelweiss May 3, 2017 at 10:10

Hi there Melody

I have always thought that the Dalai Lama represents this energy.

Love and puppy hugs

Mary May 3, 2017 at 11:24

What Crystal said:
[Melody, you are awesome. I think anyone who follows your posts knows full well what is meant by Happy Shiny Puppy. Never second guess yourself.]

Personally, I’m so relieved to be validated. I grew up a shiny puppy at heart and the world kept trying to make me sit stay. So glad that we’re ‘supposed’ to be happy!

Also glad to hear the next generation saying ‘woke’ – and hoping they are waking up with us.

Peg Haust-Arliss May 3, 2017 at 11:31

Never mistake happy shiny puppies for weakness. Puppy power!

MJ May 3, 2017 at 14:09

Wonderful

Summer May 3, 2017 at 20:11

Melody!
Back in March you did a blog post about finding our purpose – which was more about BEING than DOING something – in it you said this:

“Instant manifestation, spontaneous healing, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, time manipulation, downloading knowledge instantly (think Neo in the Matrix), are all not just possible, but attainable. And so much more.”

Can you please, please, pretty please elaborate on this? Maybe in one of these 30 day videos or just some time in the near future? I’ve been very interested in these types of things lately and soaking up all the info I can. I am super curious about this! Thank you! :)
And I like happy, shiny puppy. I really can’t think of anything that represents that type of energy better. Any sort of baby animal would do. I would say baby goats are some of the happiest, shiniest beings on the planet, but happy, shiny kid just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Summer invites you to read..Love Buddha – Garnet Orgone Pendant by ZenfullyOrgonizedMy Profile

Trisha May 4, 2017 at 08:46

Thank you for clearing this up as I am new to you Melody. I found the phrase to be rather childish and unrelatable to me…a bird lover. I find puppies to be whiney, messy and annoying. I am sure some would say the same about birds????

Melody Fletcher May 4, 2017 at 13:12

How about happy shiny budgies, then? He, he. Hugs!

Trisha May 5, 2017 at 17:43

Good one Melody????

Pascal May 4, 2017 at 14:35

Hello Melody.
Always a pleaure to see you and see your video. Personnaly, I don’t think you could have chosen a better expression than “Happy Shiny Puppy” to describe us. The first time I heard you say that, yes, I was wondering. But listening to you talking about the LOA, it made some freaking sense to be an happy shiny puppy in training.
Thanks a lot for being who you are and helping us make some sense of the universe.
Pascal…

Amber May 5, 2017 at 13:53

Interesting… I .always got that it was out of your love for puppies. Maybe it’s because I LOVE puppies so much as well and felt the energy of what you were saying.

John May 5, 2017 at 23:02

Yay!!!!! No tears just pure loving energy pouring out, way to go kiddo.

Isabelle May 6, 2017 at 03:22

“Happy Shiny Puppies” is great. It instantly says so much helped me see what you were getting at.

Michelle Hawley May 6, 2017 at 08:04

Hi Ms Melody :)
I want to tell you that I think it is a very courageous thing that you are doing, this being vulnerable with the people who follow you. I am so grateful to you for all the blogs and videos and the energy you send into the Universe that helps keep so many of us on course, doing what we are here to do.
I work with people who have addictions and other mental health problems every day. I am not a “professional” in the field, more of a peer specialist. I know to be effective at what I do, I have to share my personal experience(s) with these things which is very draining sometimes. I know that there is a way to be in the world that is joyful and light and whole, so my role is to be in both of those spaces – relate in the darkness but reassure that there is Light available to all. People like yourself, or Brene Brown, or so many other Lovers of Life make this possible for me. I will be proud to be one of your “Puppies in Training” and may have a T-shirt made :) Namaste Dear One, and thank you again.

H. May 23, 2017 at 04:56

Eyes with smiling creases or someone nuzzling up to me feels exactly like that. :)