Where the %$@ Have I Been?

Post image for Where the %$@ Have I Been?

by Melody Fletcher on January 4, 2017

Hey there. It’s Melody here. You might remember me. I’m the blunt, no-Bullshit, snarky LOA teacher who gives out smooshy, happy shiny puppy hugs. Or at least, I used to be.

I haven’t posted in a while. Actually, I haven’t posted in a long time – longer than you might think. Let me explain.

A few weeks ago, I shot a bunch of videos. The idea was to bank a bunch of them so that I could schedule the blog posts well ahead of time. I’d done this before, so this was not abnormal. I edited the videos and sent them off to be transcribed. I scheduled a couple of them. And then… They just sat there, like puppies tied up in front of a grocery store, waiting for their owner. Only, I was no longer their owner. I couldn’t post them. I wanted to. I mean, they were right there, goddammit. But I couldn’t. It was like I was standing in front of this huge wall, with no openings or doors or even cracks in the plaster.

So, I sat with it. I felt my way through it. I began to realize that something was off, and it had been for some time. I knew the videos I’d been doing had been helpful to many of you, but they had begun to feel sort of flat to me. Like there was something I was missing, some level I wasn’t reaching. I thought that maybe if I chose different topics, perhaps more current events, something a bit more specific, or something more down the rabbit hole, it would help. But as much as I wracked my brain, nothing felt right. Nothing felt satisfying.

I felt the pressure of wanting to publish something. I wanted to give you something of value, to connect with you. I began to worry that if this went on for too long, you might think I’d abandoned you, or just forget about me. Welcome to my neurotic brain. It doesn’t come out that often anymore, but when it comes to letting others down, it can still totally take over the show. Of course, the more I worried, the less clarity I had, and the more frustrated I became. So finally, I just had to make peace with the fact that I was taking an unscheduled break, and things were going to be ok. I reminded myself of how awesome you puppies are, and to give you a lot more credit. I realized that I was being a dork.

And so, I sat with it all some more.

And slowly, some pieces started coming together. Last night, at about 3 a.m. I finally figured something out. A few things, actually. I miss writing. Videos are great and they have their place, but I have a voice when I’m writing, an authenticity that I’ve never really been able to replicate on video (with a few exceptions). And the more produced my videos become, the harder I try to make them “better”, the less that voice seems to come through.

The more authentic I am, the more of a connection I enjoy – to my higher self, to the subject matter, and to you. And I miss that connection. I don’t really feel like I’ve been showing up 100%, not the REAL ME, for quite some time. I know the Q&A videos have been valuable, but it’s not about that. It’s not about being good enough, or doing something good and being satisfied with that (because I’m just not, and I have to own that). It’s about playing full out at the highest level I have access to. It’s about expressing who I really am to the best of my ability and not holding back. It’s about peak experiences for ME, and then letting the energy of that do what it’s going to do as you receive it (what you do with it isn’t up to me).

I became too focused on providing value, on orchestrating it, and it ended up watering everything down. For that, I apologize. To you, and to myself. Because this hasn’t been as much fun as it could’ve been.

The exception to this was the video I shot in South Africa. It was a spur of the moment thing where I shared my joy and excitement. I wasn’t worried about providing value, I was just sharing my own realizations and joy. And of course, your reactions were totally different than they had been to the previous and subsequent videos. You felt the difference. You enjoyed it more. And you benefited more. Because I enjoyed it more; I benefited more. There I was – me, the real me, just sharing my energy with you. I’d forgotten how amazing that feels.

I also did something else that really blew all of this wide open. Around the time that I stopped posting, I contacted a small percentage of you and offered you the opportunity to participate in the Beta version of a new program I’m putting together. In fact, this Beta group actually helped me develop the program.  For 6 weeks, we met twice a week, and I shared cutting edge reality creation techniques. And… It. Was. Phenomenal. It was better than anything I could’ve imagined. We called it “Reality Academy” (I freaking love that name!).

When I wrote the book Deliberate Receiving, it brought forth a structure that had been present in everything I’d been teaching up to that point. I hadn’t been completely, consciously aware of this structure until the moment it was put on the page, but of course, it made perfect sense. Reality Academy did the same thing for everything I’ve been teaching since.

This wonderful group of 48 souls, whom I will forever be grateful to (and who were the most awesome people ever. EVAH!), drew this structure forth with their presence and their questions. We connected; we danced together; we co-created new insights. In the last two weeks of the course, I found myself teaching concepts with a clarity I hadn’t ever accessed before. They all expanded, but so did I.

By the way, if you’re feeling cheesed about the fact that you weren’t part of this program, don’t worry, we’ll be rolling out the Alpha version of Reality Academy in the first half of 2017. In fact, I’ll begin working on it as soon as I’m back from Peru. I’m incredibly excited about it and I TOTALLY CAN’T WAIT!!!! But… I digress. Back to my point:

Each week, I participated in two calls, usually 2 hours in length each, where I felt like I was really me. I was teaching, sure, but it wasn’t about that. I was having fun. I was in the flow. I was accessing clarity. I was focusing on my experience and the benefit to others was greater as a result. And it just became so apparent that the blog posts or rather, videos, of late hadn’t felt at all like that. I just couldn’t stand in a little room with lights and a camera and a background and rattle off answers to questions.

And don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t that the questions were bad or wrong. It wasn’t that I wasn’t going deep enough down the rabbit hole. It wasn’t that the topics weren’t right. It was me. It is me. I don’t enjoy standing in that little room by myself. I don’t enjoy teaching at this level; a level that feels like it’s too surface, too shallow, too inauthentic. And even though I can feel the energy of those who ask the questions, and those who will receive the answers, it’s not enough. I don’t get the same hit. And so subsequently, neither do you.

I don’t have an answer on this yet – not anything I can put into action. I have a few ideas – such as getting together with a little group of you and just letting the energy flow and recording that and posting it on the blog. I can see that being super fun, especially if it’s with a group of people who are willing to just play and see where it goes. I’ll probably incorporate writing again in some way. I really don’t know at this point, and suggestions are welcome. But what I do know is that I’m stepping it up. I’m acknowledging that my focus hasn’t been totally where it should’ve been (on my own experience rather than on offering value), and that this has caused us to not have the connection we are capable of, the connection that’s possible between us (queue sad puppy music). And again, I apologize for that. I miss that connection. And I hope you’re still willing to play with me (queue irresistibly adorable puppy eyes).

I want to keep publishing. I want to keep connecting, but I want to do so with complete authenticity. It’s time to let the blog evolve into something new. I don’t yet know what that will look like, but I do know it will be awesome. I just need you to bear with me a little bit. Be patient with me.

I’m actually writing this from the airport, on my way to Peru. I go every January and take a month off to gain clarity and work with my own teachers. I partake in shamanic plant medicine ceremonies, and it’s me getting slapped with enlightenment for a change, lol. So, while I’m gone, my team are going to be choosing some of my over 500 blog posts and reposting them. This way, we can keep in touch while I’m off learning how to be ME more authentically than ever. Once I’m back, we’ll figure out how to proceed. Like I said, I don’t know exactly what will happen, but I know it will be awesome. It will be a step beyond where we are, beyond where we’ve been.

So, hopefully, you can forgive me for having been absent (even before I was absent). Many of you probably saw or sensed it. Of course you did. Thank you for hanging in there. Thank you for playing with me and giving me the change to grow like this, and for the forum to express it (when my stubborn brain finally realizes what’s been going on).

I love you with all my heart.

Smooshy, happy shiny puppy hugs,

P.S.: We never stopped publishing the recorded coaching calls, though. So if you’d like to see what you missed, you can view the archives HERE.

{ 57 comments… read them below or add one }

Amanda January 4, 2017 at 15:41

Awww yay Melody! When you feel your joy, we feel it too! :-)

Katie January 4, 2017 at 15:47

Great to hear about your process, Melody! Enjoy Peru so much.

A thought on what you might try going forward from someone who has also tried videos and found it slowed me down more than I wanted to recognize:

I love reading your writing and it’s obvious that others do, too. You have fantastic presentation skills, so it makes sense to also let them shine as you continue to create in the future. I wonder if there could be benefit in you following your inspiration with your typical written posts, and then either letting that be the structure for a shorter video you share (with the highlights) or an audio/podcast where you read your post with the emphasis you’d love to share verbally. The recorded group conversations would also have lots of value, too. Either way, I’m excited to see what you’re inspired to do and the insights you’ll have to share from Peru!

Big hugs,

Katie

Sonja January 4, 2017 at 15:48

When I saw an email from you popping up I did the happy dance! And when I started reading I did more dancing! I feel you. Not that I haven’t enjoyed what you’ve been posting lately, but like you said, there was a helluva difference in getting energy going between the vid you posted when in South Africa and the other stuff. I also very clearly remember the awesome energy in the videos you posted shortly after you’d been in Peru last year, and I know there will be more awesomeness when you get back from there! I’m looking forward to connecting with the more authentic you, while becoming a more authentic me! Whoop whoop! Hugs from Sonja

Brandon January 4, 2017 at 15:48

I had been noticing the fall in energy for a while. I think that looking back through your blog history, you’ve gone through a few similar cycles, of doing articles, wanting to do videos, then wanting to do articles again, etc.

Why not just keep a balance of the two? When you want to do a video, do a video. And when you want to write an article, write an article. You have to be authentically who you are, no matter what medium that comes through.

I’m glad for the clarity you’ve found and look forward to whatever you bring forth in the future. :)

And, I hope you have fun in Peru.

Also, if you ever need any help with Wordpress, let me know. I’ve been working with it for quite a while. Technical issues are never fun.
Brandon invites you to read..Is Total Freedom from Resistance Possible, or Even Desirable?My Profile

Toni Taylor January 4, 2017 at 15:48

We love you in every incarnation Melody!

Wing January 4, 2017 at 15:48

Bravo for posting this, Melody! My heart is filled with joy after I read this. I love and appreciate your honesty.

Big smooshy hugs,
Wing

Kirri January 4, 2017 at 15:53

Ooh I have been waiting for a program like the Reality Academy ever since you first metioned the idea about two years ago. I can’t wait to hear more, where do I sin up:D?
I also really miss the regular blogposts. I am more of a reader to begin with, but I felt like your humor comes off better in writing. And I mean the “old posts” like ‘Take this job and love it’ and ‘Conflict resolution when you want to punch people in the face’. Even videos from that time, like ‘Can you stop people talking smack about you’ feel better to me, so I kind of recognise what you said. I paraphrased the titles from the articles and video, but I guess you and other happy shiny puppy veterans will know what I mean.

Jennifer January 4, 2017 at 20:03

You said just what I was thinking, thank you! I’d love to see more blogs posts, because, for me, that’s really where Melody’s humor and personality are most accessible.

Geraldine January 4, 2017 at 15:55

Hope Peru provides some clarity and looking forward to hearing / reading more from you in whatever format that takes – hopefully some more trips to the UK – yay!

kelli January 4, 2017 at 15:59

Hey Melody
I love how you are so honest–most people wouldn’t lay this all out there and share their thought process and struggles with something like this for fear it would reflect negatively on them. I think anyone with any sort of business, but especially something in the realm of personal development, feels a pressure to present some perfect image and that they have it all together and are fully confident in everything they do,etc…

I am more of a reader and I have always loved your blog posts and am so glad you provide the transcripts, but like you said, a transcribed video is not the same as writing something. I loved those too as well though.

I have gone through phases of not liking writing as much and that was one of the things that compelled me to start my podcast–I just love the idea of pressing record and just sharing whatever is on my mind. I don’t really ever plan them far in advance, usually recording them right before posting them.

Whatever you end up doing, I am sure it will be great and you will continue to provide awesome value. Enjoy Peru!
kelli invites you to read..Law of Attraction: What Should I Expect When Processing and Shifting Energy?My Profile

Catherine January 4, 2017 at 17:35

Hi Kelli,

Love the idea of podcasts. I’m going to check out your site right now.

:) Catherine

kelli January 4, 2017 at 20:12

Thanks Catherine…hope you find something you like!
kelli invites you to read..Podcast #77: Law of Attraction: Setting Energetic GoalsMy Profile

Laurel January 4, 2017 at 16:17

Melody,
I felt this message coming since last night. You’ve been popping up in my thoughts since then.
Can’t wait to see you next level of evolution.

Cheers!
Laurel

t January 4, 2017 at 16:18

Melody! I’ve missed you so much! I’m so glad that you updated us. I was fretting and clucking like a mother hen, not knowing why you’d disappeared. We love you!!!

Can’t wait to hear more about Reality Academy. Sounds awesome. :D

Cordy January 4, 2017 at 16:19

Thanks for modeling how to relax into a change even when it feels tense. I’m going through a big aha (I think) about how… the ULTIMATE SECRET ™ is to just – relax! Just relax! Just relax! That’s it! Stop “trying” and just relax and get comfortable!

And for seconds at a time I can really see that this is a real thing that is going to be good for me. And then I will lose it and go into “But what will happen to my life if I’m not trying and working and researching and trying”. Phew.

SO looking forward to your new Academy. I’m ready.

Have fun psychonauting! May you get lots of good insights.

Monique January 4, 2017 at 22:10

Hey Cordy, I’m sort of going through the same thing in my life right now too. Old habits sure do die hard but I do believe that they do die off eventually the less attention we give them and the more attention we give to the mindset we do want to emphasize. It’s so true how we can get it and think we’ve mastered it and something just seems to trigger a memory of the old effort and figuring everything out paradigm and we sort of get distracted and lose it! Hang in there, keep the faith we’re getting it slowly but surely!!

Maggie Shayne January 4, 2017 at 16:34

So many women entrepreneurs seem to be making major shifts in their priorities just now. Must be the energy of the new year. Do what’s good for you. It’s enlightening, reading along as you share the process. You are loved. All is well.
Maggie Shayne invites you to read..Winter SolsticeMy Profile

Megan January 4, 2017 at 16:47

I know we are all *supposed* to do video or prefer it. Whatever. I like reading better or getting together in person or even phone calls! In my business, all the guru’s were saying we had to do videos but I never liked it or could communicate as well that way and it sounds like you are the same. Bottom line, just doing what feels good is the best! Looking forward to what you will be putting out in 2017.

Moonsparkle January 4, 2017 at 16:48

Hi Melody, nice to see you on here again. :) Thanks for the post explaining about how things have been with you.

I prefer reading posts to watching videos, so I’ve been mostly reading the video transcripts because I absorb information better that way. But I do like watching them sometimes, it makes a change. I think it would be cool if you do more written posts but you should do what feels right to you. Look forward to seeing what’s next. :)
Moonsparkle invites you to read..The Love Project- Romantic LoveMy Profile

Kathy @ SMART Living 365 January 4, 2017 at 16:58

Hi Melody! Lovely to hear from you but I completely understand that it isALWAYS best not to push things out when the timing doesn’t feel right. Feeling our emotion and listening to it is the wisest thing you can do. And thanks for putting the videos on the back burner. Honestly, as a reader, I really like to read and digest new ideas and thoughts so reading is best for me for sure. Congratulations on your new “teaching” endeavour. As cutting-edge creators, it makes sense to always be changing, growing and creating anew. May everything flow exactly as it is meant to. And have a wonderful break for the next 30 days. ~Kathy
Kathy @ SMART Living 365 invites you to read..10 Pointers That Lead To Living a Well LifeMy Profile

Amber January 4, 2017 at 17:14

Nice! Look forward to whatever unfolds! Great post on following your joy and only doing what feels good….and also going forth without knowing what will come next with positive expectation. Lovely post and right on time for meee! Thanks for sharing and being your authentic self!!! Xoxo

Catherine January 4, 2017 at 17:24

Missed you Melody! You have no idea how excited I was to see your name pop up in my inbox! I have definitely felt the absence and as I’m on holidays I’ve been re-reading your old posts. Between the blog and my coaching calls, I levelled up big time in 2016, and to be honest, I thought the lack of blog posts meant that you had taught me all you could and it was time for me to find other ways of manifesting my next level clarity. And that made me sad :( But pfffft to that!

Thank you for being honest and authentic and sharing yourself with all of us. I personally would love to see/read more down the rabbit hole content, purely because that’s where I feel I’m at in my journey, on the other side of the threshold. I personally LOVE the idea of having a group recording conversation, I think this is especially important to those of us who maybe don’t have people in our lives yet that fully understand the energy work we’rexperience doing. I find a lot of value in your pre-recording calls.

Enjoy Peru (and never leave us again!)

Catherine

Monica January 4, 2017 at 17:29

I’ve been missing your posts dearly! So I’ve been reading old ones (I do that anyway whenever I need a refresher or come across some resistance I’m unsure how to approach or even just a day I need a change in perspective to raise my energy). I for sure knew exactly what you mean as soon as I began to read this post! But, I didn’t sweat it because I knew the Universe would clear the path to whatever serves me (I learned that from you! Lol). Looks like YOU and your awesome thoughts are still in my reality to stay! You are amazing and I look forward to your return from Peru! Kisses and hugs!!!

Erin January 4, 2017 at 17:35

Dear Melody,

I commend you for recognizing your process and what is now feeling better for you! I really don’t think you need to apologize or explain anything. In the first place, it was the holidays, when everybody deserves some time to rest and process both the past year and set goals for the new one. Second, I think your videos and all of your work was absolutely perfect for the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and you have had the wisdom to realize it is no longer what you want to communicate. As you know, we are going through a huge Ascension process, so it makes perfect sense that those videos may no longer align with you. We are all going through the same process and it is wonderful to be able to share with you. I send you many blessings and love in your new ventures and know that you are always reaching us no matter what vehicle.

KathyAnne January 4, 2017 at 17:39

Dear Melody, I enjoy reading your posts. Today I ended up seeing your post – it just popped up – wow maybe by accident:) I loved it! Most of 2016 I worked on my art to complete a series that was important to me and left very little time to post anywhere or add much content to my sites. (I did do Instagram) It was freeing and when I was inspired to write I did and when I wasn’t I didn’t. My art for the series is some of my best work and over the year I have been led to a plethora of creative ways to go onto my next project. For now this how I will go on since it lets me follow my inspiration and enjoy!

CJ January 4, 2017 at 17:52

Nice post Melody. Full of authenticity.

You know you don’t have to stay with this LoA stuff. That’s not written in stone anywhere. You don’t have to keep blogging, you don’t have to write, you don’t have to expand your consciousness…. none of that is a “requirement”. You might decide to throw it all away and become a professional surfer.

For real authenticity to come through, as it is in this post, you have to allow all possibilities. If after all that you decide to stay with LoA, then it will have much greater value to you and your readers.

This is key – you said: “I don’t get the same hit. And so subsequently, neither do you”.

Chelsie January 4, 2017 at 17:59

Hey Melody! I was so glad to see a new post notification in my emails today from you, I was a bit worried recently when I hadn’t seen you posting any new articles in a While lol! I admire your honestly and true authenticity in this, and no need to apologise at all we all need our own time to figure things out sometimes, I often do the same myself. I can’t wait to hear more about reality academy, its a wonderful idea! I still have a few more questions on Loa myself and I love going to your blog for your in – depth answers as I can understand them way more compared to a lot of other teachers. And personally i think your blog posts (the written ones) are amazing, like literally the best on the internet no joke. video is good and can be fun and beneficial in it’s own way or to an extent especially I’m sure for many different people but I always just read your posts myself anyway, I always preferred them and still do so I can totally see where your comming from on this!
I can’t wait to see the upcoming Q&A’s, the reality academy and what ever else you will have in store for this year! its going to be fabulous ????
Have an amazing time in Peru also!
Massive hugs to You & Tina aswell! (She’s been such an amazing help to me in the past)

????

Julie Montinieri January 4, 2017 at 18:14

I love your writing, so it’s all good. Have a blast in Peru; we’ll be waiting to hear all about it. <3

Gaelle January 4, 2017 at 18:15

Thank you for your update. I sensed everything you explained today. I sensed the energy wasn’t quite right, like out of flow, but I was sure you would find yourself again. I’m totally with you. It’s all about having the courage to be authentic and true to ourselves and to enjoy the experience we’re having over what is right and over the expected results, because the results come as a natural response to how we feel and experience. We often loose our flow but the game is to go back to it without beating ourselves up for swimming upstream. I’m glad you’re back (if you are). I did not forget you. I want you to be only the Real You, and it is unconditional which means that I don’t mind to loose you if one day your flow is going somewhere else than connecting with us. Ps: I absolutely ADORE all the videos you made in 2014. That’s what made me fall in love with everything you do and follow you like crazy lol! The tone is so natural and authentic and direct and no bullshit that I felt you were totally in your flow at the time (maybe I’m wrong but that’s my perception). xx Gaelle

Lori January 4, 2017 at 18:33

Thank you Melody for the update and the honesty. I get so much from your writings, your book and your videos. I do agree that you are most effective when you’re just being you. This comes through loud and clear during your UK Coast To Coast interview I found on YouTube. That hour long interview is the best thing I’ve seen of you, it’s you answering questions in the most helpful, clear, teachable, exceptional way, with YOU coming through in your humorous and honest way. I feel like I get a true sense of who you are because it’s not rehearsed. You are so AWESOME in that interview and the information you provide is the best LOA teaching that I have found (besides your book.). I’ve watched it numerous times! i look forward to podcasts, writings, videos, in-person events, anything you have to offer!! Hugs!

debbie dorman January 5, 2017 at 03:12

Lori,

Do you have a link to that youtube video please?

Thanks x

Lori January 5, 2017 at 11:06
debbie dorman January 6, 2017 at 15:18

That was excellent, thank you so much.

Victor January 4, 2017 at 19:39

Hugs Melody! I wish you much continued success and joy just the way you want it.

I don’t have to tell you how awesome you are because, number 1, I’ve told you that already, and, number 2, because you already know it. :)

Take care and keep in touch.

Bonny January 4, 2017 at 20:07

Love you too, and so glad to see you and your mojo again. Enjoy the trek!

Lucy January 4, 2017 at 23:52

Hey Melody!!! Have a lovely annual Peru trip & come back supercharged for the year. Thanks for the written post (I actually prefer written posts over videos for some reason). So I’m down for more wordy stuff lol! I was thinking though, we loved the South Africa impromptu video. I know it sounds silly but maybe get on Snapchat and post little snapchats when you have done a new post or even a new video that goes up on the blog and YouTube. And then you can do funny, impromptu snaps whenever the mood suits. Save the snaps to your phone and edit, merge together & upload the best ones on the blog whenever it strikes your fancy. I’m sure between you and your sister there’ll be much comedy too (and informative little skits). Just a wee thought that suddenly struck me! :-) Ignore obviously if it doesn’t resonate! Anyway, glad you took a break. You might have simply been so immersed in beta testing that you didn’t have any inspiration leftover for anything else! :-) have a lovely rest of the day and have oodles of fun in Peru! Big hugs xxx

Solace January 5, 2017 at 00:45

Queue Owen Wilson playing “dont give up on us baby” (Starsky&Hutch)..

Viv January 5, 2017 at 01:55

Like everyone here I too was very happy to see your email arrive in my inbox. Like an excited child ripping open the packet to a chocolate bar I opened up the email.

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to you. With your advice on your blog posts I managed to start exploring the possibilities of my life. I had no idea of the possibilities. Like a catterpillar transforming into a butterfly my life is turning into what I want and learning what life is really about. Thank you for this gift. It truly has transformed me. Law of Attraction isn’t crackpottery as I once assumed.
Secondly, as I read this post, I felt it was so somber and a little sad. I hope that your trip to Peru helps you find guidance and gives you renewed strength.

Many thanks to you Melody!

debbie dorman January 5, 2017 at 02:05

Workshops Melody! I’d love to see you travel around the globe holding one or two day or dare I say it week long workshops. It would be beyond awesome to be in the same room as you and like minded people all sharing the energy and raising our vibration together. Love your honesty. Hay House is a great way to reach more people but there seems to be a formulaic way they expect their authors to ‘build their platform’. I wouldn’t have found you if it hadn’t been for the Hay House Ignite in London, so it does work. However, I’m happy and proud of you that you are even questioning if you are being your full authentic self rather than just following the formula. Yay. Can’t wait to see what you come with. I know it will be good baby! Don’t worry we won’t forget you.

Rachel January 5, 2017 at 02:31

Great to hear from you! This is an excellent example of what we should all be doing, ie going with our BFOs (best feeling options)! Hugs,

Kristina Jentzen January 5, 2017 at 02:46

Hi Melody!
I´ve been missing you and I´m so happy that you are back!

I would love if you still once a week sent something to us, a blogpost, podcast or video whatever feels most right to you in that moment. (Personally I love to read your blogposts)
And I´m also loving that you soon will have a program!

Have an amazing holiday!
All love to you!

Waaza January 5, 2017 at 03:51

Hi, Melody! Thank you for this long “letter to the readers”. It’s was surprising and conforting indeed, as I never knew you cared so much for us. But your concerns were overseeing the amount of gratitude , trust (and love!) most of us feel for you (as we mirror the joy you radiate yourself)…So , actually, I am sure I was not the only one not to be impatient at all. You could have been continuing “not posting” for months , nobody would have complained. I, personaly , didnt feel abandonned at all. I was quietly and truely patiently waiting for the next notification that I trust would appear some day in my email box. We cherish you warmly in our hearts whatever you do or you dont do.

Summer January 5, 2017 at 06:38

Melody!!!!! When I saw this email I was so excited to see you come back! I remembered that you usually go to Peru around this time (I may have the opportunity this spring)…..wait…..I WILL have the opportunity this spring. But I thought you were probably cooking up some sort of awesomeness and the posting kind of fell to the wayside. Yay! I felt the “offness” too with the videos. It was lovely to actually see and hear you, but I know exactly where you’re coming from. Written words are so articulate for me, but verbally…..that just isn’t my strength. You’re videos are WAY better than anything I could put together though.
I’m happy to see a post again and I look forward to whatever you come up with. I know it’s gonna be awesome!!!
Namaste :)

Abueng January 5, 2017 at 06:53

Thanks for sharing, Melody.

As usual :) your post applies bang on to my current experience. I decided to start practicing Reiki professionally last year, and in the beginning I was excited and everything was just clicking into place. I loved doing Reiki, I loved creating my website, and I loved writing things for my blog when I felt inspired to do so. Things were nice. Then the “should” monster started whispering in my ear about getting more structured, getting more clients, expanding my business, advertising. Not that those things are bad in and of themselves, of course, but I started to think more about the standard/expected/other people’s ways of doing things instead of staying in the flow of what felt good to me. I’m focused on getting back to my excitement now. Thank you so much for this post. I really appreciate it.

I’m looking forward to reading about this year’s Peru adventure. Maybe your team could choose some of your Peru-inspired posts from past years to re-post? Just a suggestion.

Have fun!
Abueng invites you to read..Selflessness and DoglessnessMy Profile

Jon January 5, 2017 at 07:32

Yup, I know where you are coming from ;-) in creative work, you can easily start drifting into things that please other people, that you are OK-ish with but not all that exited about. Things that don’t quite feel wrong enough for you to make the effort to change. You have your mind elsewhere. . . Until you have a moment of clarity and go “Whoa! Wait a minute, how did I get here?”.
We like you to be you ;-)

Sue Burhoe January 5, 2017 at 08:55

Hi Melody!!

I love how this connection thing works…I was thinking this morning as I saw my bible: your book, on my counter and thought..no emails from Fletch lately..hmmm.. I wonder whats up with that.
And then bamboom I open my email and there you are. Happy Dance! Fluffy robe, hot coffee and a letter from Fletch (yeah, that’s your pet name from me…secret is out).

Keep doing you. You’re my biggest influencer and you can’t get it wrong. Cant wait to hear more about the Alpha program of Reality Academy. Virtual high five!

Looking forward to seeing what unfolds from your trip and into 2017.

Mucho love to you!

Nicole Winkle January 5, 2017 at 10:25

Enjoy your trip! Safe travels and may you have the clarity and resolve you are seeking!

Lizzzzz January 5, 2017 at 11:05

This is too funny. I’m a relatively new follower so I’ve been checking back, reading archives, and wishing you’d post something new. Yesterday I made the choice to let it go. If you posted, I’d get an email, and there was no need to keep checking.
Well hello LOA, I see you are working just fine.

Peg Haust-Arliss January 5, 2017 at 11:09

I get it! Thank you for the post, I appreciated it.

Twyla January 5, 2017 at 19:55

We love you. All the more for showing us you have moments like the rest of us. ?

April January 5, 2017 at 20:05

Looking forward to what’s coming!

Lucy January 5, 2017 at 22:22

Such an authentic and much appreciated post, Melody! I’m glad you are tuning into your higher self and pursuing things that create joy and fulfillment for you. So many of us love your writing with wild abandon sweetheart! You are worth some time to reflect and live! Super support and lots of hugs! Wishing you the absolute best. Looking forward to all your future influential and wonderful wisdom!

Julia Dahlin January 6, 2017 at 01:37

??????????????????????????

Isabel January 6, 2017 at 04:48

I love your writing, I love your videos, I love your book, so, whatever you do, it’s all good with me. A suggestion? If you like the direct interaction you can use either Facebook or Hangouts on Air (you can access it through your YouTube channel) to do live broadcasts where we also attend and post questions and comments during your broadcast. Just an idea. :)
Isabel invites you to read..EMOTIONAL INTEGRATION (NO WORDS, PT 3)My Profile

Gillian January 6, 2017 at 06:27

Did you see you own profound wisdom and insite?

“I’m acknowledging that my focus hasn’t been totally where it should’ve been (on my own experience rather than on offering value), and that this has caused us to not have the connection we are capable of, the connection that’s possible between us.”

This IS what it’s all about. It’s deliberate received at its best! I see you on the right path. No apology needed really. All teachers need a break to refuel their spirit because as fun as teaching can be it’s also difficult and draining.

Have a great trip in Peru and looks my forward to hearing from you on the flip side.

Christina Joy January 10, 2017 at 08:16

Sounds perfect. Enjoy your trip ^_^

Andra January 12, 2017 at 02:20

It’s amazing what happens when you get a bit of silence! The answers always come :-)