Two Hot Chicks Talking About LOA + My Visit to London Update!

Post image for Two Hot Chicks Talking About LOA + My Visit to London Update!

by Melody Fletcher on May 1, 2014

Calling all London (and surrounding areas) Happy Shiny Puppies! I’m going to be in London on May 10th, and have decided to organize a Meet Up! Come on down and meet me and any other local Happy Shiny Puppies in person! As promised, here are the details:

When: Saturday, May 10th, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.

Where: Waterstone’s Bookstore, Piccadilly Square (ask for Melody Fletcher)

Info: I’ve put together a Facebook Event, that will help me communicate with you on the day, as well as help you connect with each other!

I want to give a special shout out to my friend and host Arvind Devalia, for helping me to organize this event and for being an all-around awesome dude!

I cannot wait to meet y’all in person. It’s going to be awesome!!!

And for those Puppies not currently living in the London area, don’t you worry. This is only the beginning. Today London, tomorrow the World! Ha.

*****************************

I have a VERY special treat for you today, my puppies. Except for those of you who ONLY like to read. You’re pretty much screwed today unless you go to the Archives and read one of the over 400 blog posts I’ve published.

The Awesome Dr. Akilah El interviewed me this week, and I’ve got to tell you, this may well have been the funnest and funniest interview I’ve ever done. This is less of an interview and more of a chat between super charged up, new world thinkers that you get to listen in on. If I weren’t in it, I’d totally listen to it. In fact, I’m listening to it now. It’s that awesome.

Dr. Akilah is a naturopathic doctor, a nutritionist, a fitness instructor and (w)holistic health practitioner. She’s also a motorcycle riding, cursing, funny, bad ass. So, you know we got along like a house on fire.

What happens when you get two smart, passionate, snarky ladies in the same room and let them rip about the Law of Attraction, health and the general state of the world? Well, you get a few soap box worthy rants, a change in perspective that will leave you feeling all happy and shiny, and more than a few throaty laughs.

You can listen to and or/download the interview here:

Interview with Melody Fletcher – The Law of Attraction Simplified

And while you’re there, check out the rest of Dr. Akilah’s amazing podcasts!

Note: there is no transcript for this interview. I know. Sometimes life is just a cruel, cruel mistress.

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

CC May 2, 2014 at 01:51

Dearest Melody,

I just had to write you. I’m listening to the interview right now, and I have to tell you, when you spoke of “Owning your sh*t, I just about fell over. I’ve recently run away from home (left my husband of 30 years), and my daily mantra has been “Own your SH*T. So, of course, hearing you say that, truly reinforces the ways I’ve been trying to raise my vibrations/release my limiting beliefs and find my happy place. You’re such a DOLL! Thanks for being here for all of us.

Just call me A. May 2, 2014 at 02:32

AWE-SOME!

Summer Starr May 2, 2014 at 03:52

I have about 20 minutes left. I just had to stop and say that I am going to listen to this recording everyday on my headphones while at work. There were some parts I wanted to jump up out of my seat and dance. LOL!
You two should seriously have a weekly “church” session. :)
Summer Starr invites you to read..Guilt: Or how to stop wanting to punch yourself in the faceMy Profile

Tinu May 2, 2014 at 14:26

Wow! Dr.Alkila El has got some wonderful, happy, shinny vibe about her, great energy and a very interesting interview, enjoyed every minute and didn’t want it to stop. The flow of energy when you talk Melody, it’s incredible, in same way you write. No ifs or buts or buts, just as it is, well we all know it’s what your blog is about.
See you and everyone attending on the 10th in London, Woo hoo yipee yay yea !!!

Rose May 2, 2014 at 16:56

It was sooooo awesome. Two wonderful, funny, down-to-earth, intelligent women having a good time! Wow, I feel so lucky to have heard that recording! The energy in there was so lifting, inspiring and full of love. I loved it and I’m so grateful to have heard it. Doc Akliah’s laugh is SO awesommmmmeeee, a lot like yours Melody but different. Thank you!!!

Rose May 2, 2014 at 16:57

Dr. Akilah El* Sorrryyy, typo.

Ash May 2, 2014 at 17:13

I am so excited! Do we have to pre-book seats for this?? please let me know. Can’t wait to see you, honestly! Thank you for starting in London

Caroline May 2, 2014 at 22:22

Brilliant interview, so much to think about and take in! I do have one question though, if anyone can give their thoughts? This is about the part of the interview where Melody speaks of laziness as being a form of resistance when you are trying to force yourself to do something that you’re not aligned with.

Well, I get this as most often I find it really difficult to get motivated to do my (boring!) job, go to the gym, do paperwork, clean etc etc. However, occassionaly someone in my life (or sometimes just me), will kick my butt, make me do something I couldn’t be effed doing and afterwards I’m so pleased that I did it. For example…exercise i.e. the boring kind, running, eliptical etc. It’s rare I actually enjoy doing it (although it does happen now and then!). Another example would be getting ready to go on a night out with friends, I can’t be assed with it, someone lays on the guilt or whatever, I eventually go and have an awesome time.

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this?
Caroline invites you to read..Is Vancouver a Sociable City?My Profile

Caroline May 2, 2014 at 22:27

Haha it’s funny how when reading over your own thoughts, some things start to clear up! I’m thinking that perhaps the reasons for the above examples go something like this:

Can’t be effed exercising but feel great afterwards = resistance being released? Only the long, hard way (coughing up a lung!) instead of the easy way?

Getting ready to go out = I’m not having issues with having a good time, I have some resistance with the process of getting there i.e. getting ready (insecurties around looks/body image are bound to pop up) and spending money (when I don’t feel as though I have much to spend).
Caroline invites you to read..22 Things Happy People Do DifferentlyMy Profile

B May 2, 2014 at 23:41

Haha I love this, can’t wait for part 2~ :D

Shaun May 3, 2014 at 11:38

I live just 20 miles north of London so will try to get there next week if life doesn’t throw any spanners in the works. Recently i started reading your blog post right from the first one and will keep going every day until i have read them all. The funny thing is i have started to notice i’m having loads of mini insights about the LOA. Many thanks and hope to see you Saturday.

Julie May 3, 2014 at 14:25

Noooooooooooooooooo :( ((((( the 10th May is literally the only day I’m not in London, but have to go somewhere up north. Panic aside I’m sure I’ll manage to catch up with your aesomeness live one day soon (if maybe one day you want to go to Paris?) and I might even get an earlier train back to London. Your blog is fabulous and bit by bit I have insights ( a bit like Shaun described above) and overall this is pretty life changing. Going to listen to the interview now . Lots of Love :)

Moonsparkle May 3, 2014 at 21:00

Hi Melody, I’m not able to make it this time but it sounds like it’s going to be fun! Hope you all have a great time and hopefully I can make another meet-up in the future. :)

P.S. Hope you enjoy London. I’ve been a few times, mainly to a dance festival but I’ve never done all the touristy things, I plan to one day. :)
Moonsparkle invites you to read..My Healing ToolsMy Profile

Liem May 16, 2014 at 13:17

Haha! I love the featured image. Nice one!
Liem invites you to read..Her Baby Died During Birth…What Happened Next Was A MiracleMy Profile