Meet Melody Fletcher (My First Ever Video Interview!)

Post image for Meet Melody Fletcher (My First Ever Video Interview!)

by Melody Fletcher on January 6, 2013

Coaching Call #030 is out today! The topic of today’s call is: Understanding Resistance, Children with Cancer, Shifting Stubborn Resistance.

This call was a bit of a mixed bag, but was essentially about understanding resistance. We started off talking about how children manifest things like cancer and how that is different from when adults manifest disease or tragedy. We then moved on to dissecting a very specific example of how this client had manifested an incident with another person that mirrored a piece of her resistance back to her. This call is a little longer than usual because I decided to leave in the little chat we had after the “official call” ended, where we looked back on the call and I pointed out how the shifts had occurred. This clients was, at first, very reluctant to shift and kept on arguing for her current point of view, which is something that everyone does when the resistance is strong. It’s much easier to recognize the process in hindsight.

Click Here to see the Call Summary:  Call #030 Call Summary

I’m back y’all!! I’ll just take a moment while you do your happy dance… All done? Goody. The spa has worked its usual magic and I’m all relaxed and moisturized and massaged and buffed and smoothed and lacquered and Oh My God, my spa vibration seems to have reached some kind of tipping point where I actually enter a whole different dimension of pleasure and perfection, I swear to Gawd, the first change I get, I’m going back.

But before that happens, I have an amazing treat for you: Many of you have been asking me to share my story in a book or humongous blog post, or whatever. You want to know more about what makes me tick, how I came to do what I do and know what I know.

A few months ago, Colin Hines from MidlifeMaveric.com interviewed me for his “Meet the Experts” video series. Colin blogs about lifestyle design, living abroad (he also lives in Spain), and basically deliberately living your life according to your own rules, free of limiting beliefs and constructs. In other words, he’s right up my alley.

On a scale of Woo to Woo-Woo, I went with a Woo on this one, so for those of you looking for a super esoteric discussion, this ain’t it. You may want to check out my interview with John Cali instead, although, to be fair, that was me interviewing John, but I still got a few words in. I know. Surprise.

Colin and I (ok, mostly I) talked about the Law of Attraction, my own (fabulously interesting!) life, my path from suffering to happy shiny puppy, and how to apply LOA in the real world. Also, I managed to do the entire interview without accidentally dropping the F-Bomb, although I did work in one “Douchebag”, and even did it without giggling. I’m such a freaking pro.

You can find the interview by clicking on the image below. It was my first video interview ever, so don’t judge me. Yes, I know I swivel back and forth in my chair incessantly (note to self: don’t do interviews in swivelly office chair. Alternatively, just go for it and spin all the way around while yelling “Weeeeeeeee!”), and yes I know that I talk with my hands. I always have and the more excited I am, the worse it is. I’m pretty sure that if I ever tried to contain them, my head would explode in compensation. Or I might spontaneously poop myself. So, you know, all things considered, waving my arms about like an inflatable car lot mascot isn’t the worst way to go. I could be a poop covered inflatable car lot mascot. And I know what you’re thinking: “Thanks for the visual, Melody”, cause now you’re picturing a poop covered inflatable car lot mascot. Well, admit it. This is at least 50% of the reason you come here. So, you’re welcome.

Oh, and Colin was nice to enough to also provide a downloadable mp3 for those of you who’d rather listen than watch (insert dirty joke here), as well as a full transcript for the readers among you. You know who you are.

Leave a comment here or on Colin’s blog and let me know what you think!

Click Image to Watch Interview

Direct Link: http://midlifemaverick.com/melody-fletcher-interview-the-law-of-attraction-simplified/

Jonathan Holmes January 6, 2013 at 15:11

Freakin Awesome!! Loved every minute of it. Many Shiny Puppy Hugs to all!!!!

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:02

Thanks so much Jonathan!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Preparing For 2013 – My End Of Year RitualMy Profile

Kat January 6, 2013 at 15:46

Oh Melody, how lovely! What a wonderful interview to supercharge my day!!! You look awesome and I did not notice any of what you describe above. It was excellent!

It was great that you reminded about the basics like gut feelings. They are always right and the brain can analyze to the point if madness, but the gut serves as a great guide, always knowing what to walk away from and accurately assessing situations. And yes, there are parents who do call their children stuff and even get abusive over accidents, like spilling something, so they would not understand this at all. What you reference is perfect and Colin is really cool! Great!

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:03

Hey Kat!

Ah yeah… but those parents are unlikely to be on this blog. :)

Glad you liked it sweetie!!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..What A Zombie Cat Can Teach You About LOAMy Profile

Marjorie January 6, 2013 at 17:42

I haven’t even finished the interview but had to stop and comment on how amazing and inspiring it is! Welcome back, doll!! :)

Marjorie

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:04

Thanks Marjorie! :)

Smooshy hugs!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..7 Awesome Things About 2012My Profile

KimS January 6, 2013 at 17:55

Great interview! :)

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:04

Thanks Kim!!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Why Does Pregnancy And Motherhood Have to Be So Hard?My Profile

Fonzy Montenegro January 6, 2013 at 18:39

Just finished watching the interview, Melody! It was great. I actually thought you were just a simple employee who became a law of attraction fanatic. But it turned out that you have a TON of credentials which makes you a very credible law of attraction coach.

I think along with Jessica Harlow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZAalHZH_XA , you are one of the, what I call, “NEXT-GENERATION” Law of Attraction Gurus.

I think there’s a BIG SHIFT coming, Melody. I just sense and feel it in the air that a new wave of teachers will appear, teachers who can explain and prove how the law of attraction really works in a “keepin’-it-real” attitude of explaning.
Fonzy Montenegro invites you to read..How To Be More Charismatic Using The Law Of AttractionMy Profile

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:07

Hey Fonzy,

Thanks for that! Interestingly enough, you’re not the first one to say that to me, about the next generation thingy. I love it! :)

And you’re right about the big shift. We’re right in the middle of it. And boy is the energy starting to move!! Yea-Haw!!

Fonzy Montenegro January 7, 2013 at 07:46

Wow..! Really?!? The Law of Attraction is really alive, well, and working! Time to ride the wave! Cowabunga!

Marjorie January 6, 2013 at 18:42

Excellent interview! The two things I resonated with the most were “your expectation creates” — my journey has gotten so much easier and fun! I’m like a super hero that didnt know I was one until recently and so I’m learning to use my powers to create my reality!! It’s not always perfect and precise, but it’s leaps and bounds better than were I was just 6 months ago and I love it! Our words and our thoughts are SO much more powerful than we realize and once we become aware…well then there is no stopping us!! So freaking excited as I type! The second important thing I needed to hear was about balance. While I’m having a blast creating I also noticed that my life has hit a bit of a plateau, I want change, I need to take better care of myself, pamper myself and not just continue to care and look after others (kids, hubby, sister, mother, friends) all the time. I’ve been pondering taking a yoga class so that I can get some me time and relax/decompress and now I absolutely know that I must :) Thank you for posting, Melody, I loved this video and love you! You’re beautiful :)

Marjorie

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:12

Hey Miss Marjorie!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I’m glad you found the video so useful.

You are TOTALLY a superhero, girl! And how fun is it to learn to use those powers once you know you can’t really mess it up? :)

Balance is always a challenge for me. I’m really making that my theme for 2013. I realized that I don’t really have much of a balance in the physical area any more. I’m taking care of that, and am also searching for a new hobby. Something physical and fun. Can’t wait to find out what it is! :D

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Merry Christmas 2012My Profile

KimS January 7, 2013 at 00:16

Marjorie, I LOVE the idea of being a super hero — an entry-level super hero! haha! I’m going to keep playing with that idea, it’s so fun! :)

Marjorie January 7, 2013 at 00:32

Hey Kim,

It really is fun…and rewarding!

Marjorie

Scott Soloff January 6, 2013 at 21:37

Melody,

Well done!

Best wishes,

Scott
Scott Soloff invites you to read..The Two RulesMy Profile

Melody Fletcher January 6, 2013 at 22:16

Thanks Scott!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Can The Universe Deliver Something Before I Want ItMy Profile

John Hare January 6, 2013 at 22:45

Fantastic interview, Melody!

You have such clarity and confidence in your approach to law of attraction, and that really comes through in the interview. I found it very inspiring!

I also happen to really like and agree with your view that there is one universal law and that is law of attractions, with, of course, a lot of different applications. Thanks for stating that so clearly.

I really resonate with your message and your approach to law of attraction, so thank you for the interview and thank you for all the content on your web, and last, but not least, your fantastic coaching!

Super interview!

John

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:29

Thanks so much for all your kind words John. :)

You’re so very, very welcome.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Why Do We Need Different Healing Methods?My Profile

Kathleen January 7, 2013 at 04:49

Loved the interview, but of course I love, and learn from, EVERYTHING you send me. But there is something I have been meaning to tell you, and now is as good a time as any.
It annoys me that you are SOOOOOO PRETTY.
At first I was kinda hoping that that picture on the blog was one of those “best-photo-I-ever-took-ever” photos, but then I saw one of your videos, and nope, you’re really that pretty.
Don’t be concerned. I does annoy me that it annoys me, so, your welcome :o )
Kathleen invites you to read..What is possibly the best sentence you might ever read?My Profile

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:36

Oh dear Kathleen. Would it help if I told you that I always make sure to get shot from my “good side” because I look like an old shoe from the right? I mean, there are warts and stuff and I have a mustache on that side and you can’t see them because of all the makeup and lighting and photoshop. Does that help at all?

But seriously, thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I’d tell you that I’m all smiley now, but you might hold it against me.

But if I have to sacrifice myself and be all gorgeous so that I can trigger you and show you where your resistance is, I guess I’m willing to fall on that sword.

Now, YOU’RE welcome.
Ha.

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs! :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Can I Make My Mother More Open Minded?My Profile

Jann January 7, 2013 at 07:55

Hi Melody!

Really enjoyed seeing you on video and thought it was awesome how much you covered in the interview!

Liked the bit about affirmations and how saying words over and over again doesn’t really make the shift. I particularly would love to know more about being an LOA manager and if possible could this be a future blog unless you have one in the archive.

Love your stuff! Hope you’re having a fantastic day!

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:38

Hey Jann,

Sure, I’ll put that idea on the list. I have A LOT to say about managing people. In fact, my first website (no longer exists) was called Amazing Management and was all about managing people according to these principles, although I didn’t yet dare to mention LOA at the time.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Learning To Take A ComplimentMy Profile

John January 7, 2013 at 10:30

HaHa , liar , liar your pants on fire – I told you once that you need to consider doing an online interview with Dr. Bruce Lipton about the power of beliefs that he found with his work on his cell experiments and you said you weren’t ready to do any interviews yet , which I may have mistaking as meaning you weren’t confident enough in yourself to do them(tell me I’m wrong if I am , I can handle it) – but Melody after having the pleasure of just watching this you have more than convinced me that my intuition was correct , you are more than ready to do online interviews , you would actually blltz them.

I’m sorry but that’s my opinion or more to the point my intuitions opinion and since you are the one who said we should learn to follow our intuition more than just listening the guy in the control tower upstairs I’m simply following your advice.

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:44

Ah John,

but you were advising that I should interview Bruce, which is quite different. Being the interviewee is a lot less work than being the interviewer, and right now, putting that sort of time and effort into finding people to interview, researching them, coming up with great questions, setting up the interview, editing it, etc. doesn’t really fit into my plans. I figure that’s something I can do more of when I have team of people to help me. That’s what I meant by “not ready”. I’ve never had a problem talking to people. In fact, for the better part of my life, I was regularly told to shut up, lol, which makes the fact that people now pay me to talk all the sweeter. Ha.

So, your intuition was correct, yes. And I would love to do that kind of work (and I will) just not right now. All in good time, when it fits better into my plans and into my schedule. :)

Huge hugs and thanks so much for your support,

claire January 7, 2013 at 12:26

Hi Melody

Abraham is coming to Australia for a workshop! I have got my ticket.One of my desires manifested.Yeah!

marjorie January 7, 2013 at 17:57

hi claire! just wanted to comment on how cool it is that you’re going to see abraham! I saw the tweet about australia and thought it was pretty awesome!

happy monday!
marjorie

claire January 8, 2013 at 10:47

Hi marjorie

Thanks for your comment. I was very excited when I saw the news because it was not no long ago that I wanted to go to Abraham’s workshop. I saw people on the youtube saying that they were feeling so much energy and I thought it would be very interesting to experience that myself.

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:45

YAAAAAY Claire! Will you try and get in the hotseat? :)

Oooh, I’m excited for you. I’ve never been to one of their seminars either, but I’ve listened to almost all of them. I can’t wait to hear all about it, and maybe even hear you on a recording! :)

Huge hugs!!!

claire January 8, 2013 at 10:56

Hi Melody

I am not sure what I am going to ask Abraham yet.

I think Abraham and you have done a very good job explaining things. It is funny that Abraham says in a youtube video that it is always the pretty much the same answer towards every question. And then she said “It is hardly worth $195. Next…”.

I am just gonna practise how to get to a better feeling place more and keep on rambling. :)

Melody Fletcher January 13, 2013 at 18:40

LOL. That’s so true, Claire. I’ve come to the realization that I really pretty much say the same things over and over again, just in different ways. And yet, I love to listen to Abe do the same thing. Because I hear something new each time. I get it on deeper and deeper levels. :)
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Does True Charity Have To Involve Sacrifice?My Profile

mary carol moran January 7, 2013 at 22:11

Beautiful lady, wonderful interview!

Super giant happy puppy hugs,

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 00:46

Thanks Mary Carol!!!

St. Bernard Puppy hugs! Ha.

Nay January 8, 2013 at 04:15

Great interview, as expected!

It’s just so awesome that there are always new ideas and insights from everything you put up! And I really like that balance part. It is something I never reallty thought about. I always thought that once I find what I love, I’ll be happy to work all day everyday. But as soon as I heard you explaining what happened, I could see it in a few things I have done. I do go all out doing something that I am excited about, usually until I am just burned out. Obviously need to keep this in mind since I know my next best thing is coming along!

And yes, I stick with my story. You are definitely ready for prime time!! ;) :lol:

Melody Fletcher January 8, 2013 at 16:42

Thanks so much Nay! It was an epiphany for me too. I guess I thought I’d magically find balance when I did what I loved. Ooopsy! :)

Huge hugs!!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..What’s On Your Billboard? My Profile

H. January 10, 2013 at 13:24

Hello!
Gotta love the way you balance your professional/practical side, and the love you want to share with everyone through your knowledge and experience.
I freakin’ love the fact that people like you exist.

Melody Fletcher January 13, 2013 at 18:41

And I freaking love the fact that people like YOU exist, H.!!

Isn’t it just perfect? :o )

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Dear LOA: I feel Guilty Because My Partner Makes The MoneyMy Profile

Alice January 14, 2013 at 04:30

Just add a funky twist or bun and you do yourself up in the best way!

I think women look best with some foundation and eyeliner. Maybe lipstick but that’s a bit much.
Do you walk about with your hair out? It annoys me, but I have really nice hair.

Alice January 14, 2013 at 04:31

Alice translator= you look hot!

Alice January 14, 2013 at 05:27

Oh and the pic in your avatar is really nice, but the colour of the jumper is so neutral I keep thinking that you are wearing one of those low-cut tops.

Ok now that the looks commentary is over-

@ min 14-15….. ok that’s what’s getting me now. I’m no longer as tolerant of pain, I never liked it in the first place, but now I am in this place where I’m so self-aware and advocating for myself, but still have to be in the bad place.

@18—-that is the ultimate. I can’t even anonymously admit I believe in this stuff, when I talk about it, I back it up with psychological evidence as I still have fear of looking like a kook.
That’s the ultimate confidence. Congrats!!

I have a friend that believes in actual crazy stuff, and they proudly admit it, with a confidence that is something to awe. They would admit they believe in my little pony overlords and not be ashamed. It’s pretty cool.

@20-21—-OH THAT’S HUGE!

I get into a lot of trouble for that. I get “bad feelings” about people and others call me judgemental. Later they turn out to be a snake, and then I was right all aloong, but it doesn’t stop people yelling at me for it.

I had it about a recruitment officer. She was meant to be helping people working part-time transition into full-time. Some of the people were mothers, sick or disabled. Some were hadn’t worked for a while. Everyone was a little worried and in need of TLC.
I had a bad feeling about her.

She walked into the room with her big hips, tight little pencil skirt, tailored blouse, bun, glasses and big, loud overly-confident voice.
I tried to listen to what she had to say as she arrogantly laid down the law, and her “tough love” attitude to people in the room, including a friend of mine.

I had a horrible feeling and didn’t want to work with her. My gut said she is not suited to the job.
I was right.
She was a big-shot used to dealing with executives and finding work for the healthy and full-able people with university degrees and impressive resumes.

Not these nervous mothers, ex-housewives and underemployed people. She was just intimidating and uncaring towards them.

I told her I didn’t want to work with her, and it went down badly. :-( I couldn’t explain my gut, or that I didn’t like her attitude, or even on a shallow level how she looked to me.
She looked and spoke like someone that was the opposite of “caring”. But you can’t really say that, so I just said “philosophies are incompatible”

Awkward! Luckily the boss replaced her with a nice guy that was experienced with disabled, so it eventually worked out…but oh boy..what a difficult 3 weeks before she left.

@36…balance…. I’m pretty much the same. I’ve either been a total schmuck or a superstar, I don’t do things in halves including failure. ;-) It has to be a dramatic fail.

That Colin guy is quite cute, and sweet looking. I bet he’s a dad. :-)

Well done. But you know I used this to procrastinate some things I really don’t want to do but have to.

Melody Fletcher January 16, 2013 at 21:46

Thanks for all your nice words, Alice! I really appreciate it. And for adding your perspective. You know, if people want to think I’m nekkid in that pic, let them. I’m always glad to entertain. Ha. But I will be taking professional pics sometime in the next 2-3 months, as part of the new blog design… So, enjoy it while you can.

Oh, and yes, I do wear my hair down a lot. It’s about 50-50, up and down.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..What Does The Law Of Attraction Say About Vaccines?My Profile

Sameer January 17, 2013 at 07:22

Hey Awesome Melody (Life Changer),

You were so clear & fantastic on LOA.

I loved when you talked about treating self like a child & keeping a balance in life. Like Lord Budha Said: “Always Take The Middle Path”.

Hugs, Love & so much,