Merry Christmas 2012

Post image for Merry Christmas 2012

by Melody Fletcher on December 25, 2012

In lieu of today’s post, I’d like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I know that not everyone out there celebrates Christmas, and that you aren’t even all reformed Catholics, and even though I’m not at all religious myself, I still love to celebrate Christmas. Here’s why:

Christmas, to me, is a ritual. I grew up with the sounds and smells and sights of the Christmas celebration and just hearing carols or smelling sugar roasted almonds or seeing Christmas lights gives me the warm and fuzzies all over. I adore Christmas, and even though I actually celebrate it on the 24th (as GAWD intended!), usually with some vino (Jesus’ official drink, y’all), I’m happy to include all of Santa Claus’ followers as well (because I’m not a racist), and hereby dedicate this blog post to candle light, classical music, happiness, red noses, snow, opening presents, seeing others open your gifts, vino (had to be done), chocolate (YAAAAAAY!), twinkly lights, the smell of a pine needles, being inside where it’s cozy and warm when it’s freezing outside, long talks, pots of tea, cookies, family, hugs, and lots and lots of love.

Christmas is an awesome excuse to feel good. So, if you don’t celebrate Christmas, or Hanukkah, or Kwanza or whatever, why not go ahead and feel good anyway? Maybe you have the day off work. Or maybe it’s just Tuesday for you. Who cares? The reason we feel good on Christmas is that we decide to. So, whatever you’re up to today, wherever you are, why not join me and decide to feel good today. You know, just because that’s Who You Really Are.

Huge happy shiny smooshy puppy and kitty hugs from Deliberate Receiving.

Alice December 25, 2012 at 14:55

Merry Christmas!

(your greeting is a tad late for Australia :-)

Luzia December 25, 2012 at 16:31

Well said, Melody!
Happy Festivus!
xo
Luzia

mary carol moran December 25, 2012 at 17:49

Merry Christmas, Melody and Everyone!! Hugs, health, and happiness to all!

mary carol moran invites you to read..Can We Live in a Practical Utopia?My Profile

Pat December 25, 2012 at 19:32

Merry Christmas Melody and family! Hoping you’re all enjoying a special day. A shout out for love, peace, health, happiness and hugs for everyone,
Pat invites you to read..A Christmas for 2012My Profile

kamal December 25, 2012 at 20:31

Hey Melody….Merry Christmas to you n your family….:)
I do decorate a corner of my house on the Christmas eve n it stays till the New year eve…:)…..I recently taught some school children to make a snowman out of news paper n covering it up with cotton….it looks so cute….:)….its on my FB….:)….God bless you with a very very happy, loving healthy life Melody….You bring smile n peace n happiness to soo many people…:)…thanks for your guidance n teachings…:)….a warm n loving hug…:)….Kamal…:)

Kat December 25, 2012 at 20:41

What a wonderful gift this blog is! Merry Christmas to all!

Nay December 26, 2012 at 23:34

Happy Holidays to all!

And thank you so much Melody, for the cheery message, especially since you are on spacation!!!!