Exciting Changes at Deliberate Receiving!

Post image for Exciting Changes at Deliberate Receiving!

by Melody Fletcher on September 9, 2012

[Quick Note: A new coaching call has been uploaded in the Membership Site today:

Call #013 - Procrastination, Feeling Judged by Family, Shifting Beliefs Using Triggering Events

This call is a MONSTER CALL, not in length (it's an hour, like usual) but in content. The client wanted to release her tendency to procrastinate, which led to the discovery of the root cause - an issue with judgment from her family.

This call contains an example of going back and cleaning up your vibration on past events, resulting in a powerful shift of the underlying belief.]

It’s that time of year again – my baby, Deliberate Receiving, is going through some changes again. Or rather, I’ve been going through some changes, and my baby is ready to adapt. Whatever. Shit is going down, y’all.

As I mentioned in last Sunday’s post, I’ve had some rather powerful breakthroughs in the last few months, which have brought me opportunities and ideas (more than I can handle, really), that will allow me to take my business to the next level. I promised you more details, and in the spirit of transparency (or blunt honesty) that have marked this blog since day one, I’m happy to present the next evolution of Deliberate Receiving to you: Tadaaaaaaaa!

What’s staying the same

Before the more nervous among you have a collective panic attack, let me put your fears at ease; I will continue to post on this blog 3 times a week and don’t plan on changing the format. That’s right, this place will continue to act as a source of happy shiny puppy hugs, bullshit free wisdom, hilarious talking animal pictures, awesome community and judgment free advice. Don’t worry, there’s no way I’m messing with the blog.

New Coaching Structure

I’ve been fortunate enough to build up a nice little coaching practice, and for the most part, I really can’t complain about a thing. I have incredible clients, I enjoy my work so much I sometimes think it should be illegal, and I have a gorgeous life. But, in the interest of continued evolution, I’ve discovered a few details that were bugging me.

Better Schedule + More People

My schedule was all over the place, making it very hard for me to plan anything in advance or fit in new clients. I was offering only one off sessions, instead of regular monthly contracts, so each session had to be scheduled as it came in. What I failed to realize when I set up the online coaching eight months ago, was that many people actually like the regularity of weekly or monthly support. I’ve now switched all of my regular clients to monthly rolling contracts, and have changed the sales pages to reflect this. Not only will this make my life and the lives of my clients easier, but it will actually allow me to take on more clients than I was able to handle before (new slots open now!).

Bye Bye Email Coaching

It became really apparent that email coaching was simply no longer feasible. I can convey about 10 times as much in an hour of talking than I can in an email that takes me an hour to write. Since one of my main intentions is to provide as much value as possible, and I only have 24 hours in my day, I’ve eliminated email coaching all together. Honestly, we all kind of saw it coming.

(If you’ve already purchased email coaching, that will, of course, be honored. But no new purchases will be accepted.)

NEW! 20 Minute Clarity Sessions

I get a lot of emails from people who aren’t sure if coaching is right for them. We then proceed to do the email dance, where I try to help them figure out what the real issue is and if they’re ready to benefit from coaching. To be honest, emails aren’t a great way to do that. So, I recently started inviting people to have a quick chat with me, which turned out much better. While talking to a person, I can hone in on the real problem within minutes, and they get a much better sense of what it’s actually like to work with me. Plus, I love connecting with people, so this is SO much more fun for me. Win freaking Win. Plus, I’ve added an automated scheduling service to handle my appointments, so scheduling a phone call with me is quick and painless.

Are you interested in coaching but aren’t sure if it’s right for you? Schedule a 20 Minute Clarity Session now! :)

Move your butt and avoid the price increase

The time has come for me to raise my prices. I could tell you that it’s all about demand (there’s a lot) and market rates (I’m way below them), and while both of those are true, this is really more about me now being comfortable with charging more for the value I provide. My money vibration has changed, plain and simple (and yes, this is part of the big release I experienced when my teeth tried to kill me.)

Of course, I’m going to be totally fair about this. Prices won’t increase until September 15th, so if you’ve been meaning to book some Energy Coaching or sign up for the Membership Site, you have a full week to sign up at the old prices. See? I’m such a squishy softie.

Need more info?

Read all About Energy Coaching

Check out the Coaching Call Subscription Program

Sign up for an Energy Coaching Package

What’s to Come

Of course, I’m not stopping there. The changes I’m making include quite a few future projects as well. As you know, I don’t offer affiliate products very often. I thought this was because so few met my standards. But, upon further reflection, I realized I had a blockage. I didn’t want to be one of these cheesy internet marketers who bombard their long suffering readers with greasy sales messages three times a day.

Then, a friend of mine came up with an awesome Meditation Program, and I instantly fell in love with it. It wasn’t cheesy and I was able to genuinely gush about it. The response was phenomenal and the feedback made me well up with gratitude.

At that point, it finally dawned on me that not all affiliate products are crap. Also, there’s no way that I can fill the demand for awesomeness by myself. Some of you actually want more than I can ever produce (I know, right?!), and instead of killing myself trying to supply it all myself, maybe I can just find some amazing products that are as good or even better than what I could do. And voila! I found two already and I’m sure more will come along.

So, over the next few months, I’ll periodically introduce you to some people whom I think are doing a freaking amazing job. Don’t worry, I won’t bombard you and I promise to only expose you to pure awesomeness.

I’ve also got some truly inspired products of my own in the works, the first of which will be a course on the Law of Attraction. But more on that later.

Smooches and Hugs

And finally, I can’t talk about my baby without sending a huge shout out to, well, YOU PEOPLE. You, my readers, my clients, my friends, my family, my peeps, my Happy Shiny Puppy Army, are what’s at the heart of my business (along with blood, sweat and tears. It’s kind of messy in there). If it weren’t for you, I’d just be a wild (but awesome) woman screaming into the abyss that is the internet. Your questions drive this blog, your energy adds to this co-creation, your intentions attract other like minded people here, and your discussions add so much value to each post. You put up with my weird and strangely cat based sense of humor, you appreciate my no bullshit policy, you encourage me and well, you make it all worth it.

For once, words fail me (I know, then why won’t I shut up already?). I can’t express just how grateful I am to you. If I was a puppy, I’d be piddling myself right now. That’s how much.

Happy Shiny Puppy Hugs!

Jennifer September 9, 2012 at 13:30

Yay Melody! I love being a part of your community and I’m excited to see what’s next. Your awesomeness prevails over everything you do :-)

Melody Fletcher September 9, 2012 at 18:51

Thanks so much Jennifer! I love sharing my growth with you guys, too. After all, we’re all in this together… :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..An LOA Success Story: Manifesting a HouseMy Profile

Vidya Sury September 9, 2012 at 14:20

Congratulations, Melody. You’re one of the awesomest bloggers I know and I am thrilled to read this post. I am not at all surprised your coaching clients are GROWING because – well – you rock. It is your no-BS-ness that is the magnet.

I will be happy to support you in any way I can, Melody. Planning to write a post about your “Finding your purpose” workbook. :-)

Love you. :-) Happy shiny puppy hugs to you! Looking forward to your shining happy self!
Vidya Sury invites you to read..Ready to Wake Up and Start Living Fully?My Profile

Melody Fletcher September 9, 2012 at 18:52

Thanks so much Vidya! I often marvel about the fact that when I was little, people would tell me to shut up or pipe down all the time. Now, I get paid to talk. Ha!

Love you too, my lovely friend. Let’s shine together! :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Dear LOA: Is The New World Order Really A Threat?My Profile

Kat September 9, 2012 at 15:07

Really happy to be part of this community! Knew it was growing to new heights! Hooray! Happy Shiny Puppies rule!

Melody Fletcher September 9, 2012 at 18:54

Thanks Kat. You know, it’s so wonderful how you guys celebrate with me every time I reach a new level. I can’t even tell you how much that means to me. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The “Words On The Wall” Technique: Manifest Your Desires While You SleepMy Profile

Kelly September 9, 2012 at 17:58

Aah, my Squishy Softie Friend!
This is so exciting!! I was wondering if you ever slept, considering how much stuff you’re doing here as well as coaching calls, interviews, Facebook and whatnot. I’m happy to see that you’re making room for yourself to at least take a nap every now and then. ;-)
I do love it when you recommend other people/affiliates because then I know that I can trust them. Thank you for that! Oh, and I’m also really looking forward to your new course on Law of Attraction!!
Yeah, you are the mostest, bestest EVER!!!!!! :-)

Melody Fletcher September 9, 2012 at 18:57

Hey Kelly,

Thanks so much for your support! I do sleep, but I haven’t been taking much time off. This new structure will allow me a more regular schedule, and days off (yay!). I may not always take them, but I’ll have the option now, which is awesome. Oh, and I do take naps whenever I want them. This is Spain, after all. It would be almost illegal to deny myself a nap. Well, at least it should be… lol.

Huge hugs and puppy smooches!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick LOA Questions Volume 9 – Crystals, Psychics and CursesMy Profile

Laura September 9, 2012 at 19:51

This is cool. Congrats on all the awesome ideas. I think your affiliate plan is a good one. It’s tough to make decisions on products online or really anywhere. But it’s definitely easier when there’s someone you trust shouting praises you might be on the fence about. And knowing you’ll do that with no BS and let us know what it can and can’t do for you, well that is so much better than reading a review you just come across online where you know there is a possibility the person writing it never even tried it.

Thanks for all you do.
Hugs.
L

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 00:49

Thanks so much, Laura. That’s exactly what I finally figured out. I’m so tired of people hawking crap at me though, that I didn’t want to join in on that party. It didn’t occur to me that I would actually be doing people a favor by cutting through the crap, he, he.

I’ll have something for you guys soon! Maybe as early as next week. Just (uff!) need to find the time to write it all up. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..More Questions About Death: Dying Too Soon, Suicide and LongevityMy Profile

Elle September 9, 2012 at 19:55

Love it when there’s a huge shift in consciousness Melody…woohoo…I celebrate with you…as if you weren’t already the Queen of LOA, here you are at a brand new level. Way to go kiddo.

Can’t wait for your new products to appear – your coaching clients are truly blessed to have you and long may you share your awesomeness with the rest of us. :-)

Love Elle
xoxo
Elle invites you to read..Breaking Up Is Hard To Do…Especially When It’s With You!My Profile

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 00:50

Hey Elle,

Thanks so much. I like that – Queen. He, he.

I shall try to bottle and share my awesomeness. Reading your guys’ comments makes me want to stay up all night and create! Yay!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick LOA Questions Volume 10 – Manifesting, Stray Thoughts and ArtistsMy Profile

shaun September 9, 2012 at 21:13

freakin hell melody! I feel energized just reading that!

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 00:52

He, He, Shaun. I feel totally high lately with all this energy flowing. I’m trying to hang on and not get overwhelmed… But I get so inspired by your guys’ feedback! It makes me want to speed up more! Yay!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Emergency LOA: What To Do When The Sh*t Is Hitting The FanMy Profile

Karin September 9, 2012 at 22:29

Considering that one session with you (and this is only over email, as per my experience) is equivalent to 4-5 “normal” face-to-face therapist sessions (and this is comparing you to the best therapist I’ve had, who was actually amazing), that sounds about right :) Good on you Melody :)

Will you not be doing any one-off coaching calls then?

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 00:55

Hey Karin,

Thank you so much, sweetie! I appreciate the kudos. :)

I probably will offer them again, but right now, I want to focus on the monthly contracts. I’ve worked out a nice little schedule for myself that will actually allow me to take days off. Once I’ve finished filling that in, I can then see how I can fit one off sessions in without killing myself. It’s all about the balance. :)

Huge smoochy hugs!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How My Teeth Tried To Kill Me And Why I’m Glad They DidMy Profile

Nay September 10, 2012 at 03:24

Rah, Rah, sis boom bah,
everybody loves you ha ha ha!
We like to boast,
Cause you’re the most.
Such powerful stuff,
We’ll never get enough!
So keep it up,
You shiny little pup!

Luv ya Melody

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 17:04

Ha, ha, ha Nay! I had no idea you were such a poet! Love it!

Thanks so much for your wonderful prose. Doing my little happy dance right now. :D

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..LOA and Healing or Changing The Physical BodyMy Profile

Victor September 10, 2012 at 19:38

Congratulations Melody on the exciting changes and growth you are experiencing! I wish you the best as you move forward. Keep doing awesome things! You are a wonderful inspiration to us all! :)
Victor invites you to read..Our Greatest Teachers Are the “short” Ones | VictorSchueller.comMy Profile

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 21:47

Thanks so much Victor! I really appreciate the support. :)

Mike September 10, 2012 at 20:47

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the shift :-) Really looking forward to seeing the site continue to blossom! It’s so true….I find many people who have adopted the belief of marketing & sales being cheesy & slimy, especially since internet marketing (whatever that means today lol) & online information products became mainstream. It’s a shame because whoever believes that is truly going to hold back their business so I’m glad you got over it :-) & it’s particularly a shame because the people who think that belief are usually cool people that want you to have a good experience. Joe Polish, founder of ILoveMarketing.com smashes this belief good in an interview I have the transcript to:

“There’s always the thing, “I don’t want to manipulate people. I don’t want to hypnotize people.” In a lot of ways, it’s nonsensical – if that’s even a word – sort of belief system. Because if you have something that’s really going to benefit people but you are ineffective at getting out to the world, you’re not going to help them and you’re not going to help you. You literally are a convert of your own system. If someone looks at your before and-after pictures, you were obese, and you lost a lot of weight and became ripped. You’ve been in bodybuilding contests, that sort of stuff. And you had a good methodology, and it’s helped thousands of people. But if you didn’t know how to do this, you never would have delivered it to people. They wouldn’t have bought it. And that’s my point with like all of these things that people consider tricks and strategies and tactics. As far as I’m concerned, as long as it’s legal, moral and ethical,you should do whatever it is humanly possible in order to persuade people to get what it is that you’re offering them, with the caveat being that you’re delivering value.”

Melody Fletcher September 10, 2012 at 21:56

Hey Mike,

It’s so true. And now that I’ve made the shift, it seems so ridiculous to me.

I associated selling with trying to get people to buy something they don’t really want, which feels awkward, at best. But when I realized that selling can also about offering solutions to people’s problems, solutions that they really want, then it took the sleaziness out of it. I realized that when I’m at a spa (I love spas and I spend a lot of money there), I want them to tell me about the different treatments they have. I want them to tell me how wonderful they are and why a particular one would be great for me. Of course, the quality has to be there, but I wouldn’t be at that spa, if it wasn’t. I want them to freaking sell to me. Nothing is more frustrating than being at a spa, wanting to buy treatments and being faced with someone who won’t sell. And i realized that’s what I was doing. That shifted everything.

So, now I’m selling. I’m not pushing, I’m not pressuring, I’m just making it easier for those who want to buy to do so. This is the shift I needed to make to grow my company, and now I can really see it happening. :)

Huge hugs! and thank so much for your enthusiastic support!

Aileen | Kaizen Vision September 11, 2012 at 00:59

Exciting changes Melody!!

Congratulations on growing so beautifully!

Aileen | Kaizen Vision invites you to read..Personal Kaizen – The Art of Making It Happen!My Profile

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 15:49

Thanks so much Aileen! I love that I get to involve my community in that growth. You guys rock! :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How I Gave Myself Permission To Play AgainMy Profile

Z September 11, 2012 at 02:38

This is quite amazing. You have people excited about raising prices. They got swept away by your happy energy.
Cheering and laughing and then… wait… it will hit them..essentially you are saying “I’m going to raise prices” but being a great saleswomen, you did this in the most clever of ways.
That is impressive. I would love to have that skill. I’m not being sarcastic either, I am genuinely impressed.

I can see something happening here. I’m not trying to burst your bubble…just point out the flip side of the coin.

What I can see happening is your current clients (who are doing quite well as their money vibration is so high they can afford these calls on a regular basis, when most people can’t even afford the latest bill…) just doing better with you.

So a group of people that were already pretty affluent in the first place with just keep doing better.
(seriously in what rich-ass world can people afford a spare $150 or more per week????)

You’ll think this is great as they will shower you with praise and you will make more money and everyone loves more money.

But this is the trap of “the secret” Remember you said the problem with that is the aim to reach as many people as possible????
Now you are trying to do exactly that. Soon quantity will override quality and you will be as busy as the Secret people that do not have time to help people individually.

You feel so happy so you haven’t foreseen some of these things. So then just like good medical treatment, even energy treatment will only be available to those with the fattest wallets.
The people that need it most will be the ones that can’t afford. That’s the risk so this snowballing that way.

I’m not a fan of “needs of the many over the few” as often the few are the ones that need to most TLC.
If you think back to your own life, you will know what I’m saying is right.

There must be a better way for you to make money. I’m sure there’s countless ways someone like you could have cash flowing in.
But to raise the price on a product designed to HELP people isn’t the best answer.

In fact you could be as rich and rolling in cash as much as you want and still provide help for the people that need it most.

I’m aware this won’t be popular because everyone likes cheering and not thinking about these things.
So you will be at a crossroads where you will ask yourself which direction you REALLY want to go and what is beat for the people you passionately want to help.

Because in all honesty this just takes your service further out of reach for people with very little to no money.

I’m not interested in any response from anyone else but Melody/ an argument. Unless you want to back up the concern.

anny September 11, 2012 at 16:47

Hi Z

Well, I would not use the arguments that you do and I think that Melody is fully aware of your arguments and has a valid answer to them, but I must admit that I feel more or less the way you do about this. I certainly would not be able to afford a monthly membership and I am sure I am not the only one who cannot, so I feel a bit ambivalent about this post.

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 16:56

Hey Anny,

Thanks for chiming in. The way I see it is this: As my business grows and expands and yes, makes more money, it will also expand my ability to offer free or very low cost programs. My intention to help others is always at the heart of what I do, and that won’t change. :)

Z September 12, 2012 at 04:21

Hey Anny,

Thanks for this. How would you word things?

I’d love to be able to say the same thing, with he same amount of power…but in a more palatable way.

-Z

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 16:48

Hey Z,

I don’t so much see it as people cheering on the fact that I’ve raised prices, but more that they are celebrating watching someone they care about succeed. A lot of the people in this community have been here for some time, and they want it to do well. After all, if I’m not doing well, then there might not be a community to be a part of… ;)

I’ve actually thought about all of these points as part of my growth. I shared all of these concerns and I had to find the best path for me.

I actually provide a great deal of information and help for free, much more so than anyone else I’ve seen. I publish 3 high value blog posts a week. I respond to every single comment on this blog and give real answers. I allow people to submit questions to the blog to be answered. And I offer free coaching calls. I also have low cost programs available, and plan to produce more in the coming months.

But my time is limited and I’m only one person, so working with me personally is not meant to be available to everyone. It can’t be. I simply wouldn’t have the time, even if it was all free (and it was, for quite some time).

It’s also true that the more money I make, the more I can afford to give away or set up system to help those who can’t afford it. And you’re right. I could make money in other ways. But then I’d be doing this part time at best and I wouldn’t be able to help as many people as I do. I probably wouldn’t be coaching at all, I’d be posting once a week, not answering emails, only sporadically answering comments and I don’t think I’d have the time to come up with products. It would be a hobby, and yes, then it might all be free, but the value would be greatly diminished. Because I’m dedicated to this full time, both my paid and free offerings are much larger and more valuable than they would be if I another job or business.

I’ve had to realize that I’m not responsible for helping everyone in the world. There are many, many teachers out there. I don’t hold a monopoly on wellbeing, so that if someone can’t get access to me, they’re doomed. I can only offer my services in the way that’s best for me and allow others, who are a match to them, to manifest their clarity through me. They may do so for free on the blog (people can get a lot of their answers there), or it may be through my coaching. And if my coaching is that way for them, then the money will be part of the manifestation.

I don’t really want to reach millions of people who don’t really understand what I’m talking about. I’d rather reach a few thousand who totally get it and really benefit from my work. This is the path I’ve chosen.

So, you see, I’ve given all of this a lot of thought. :) I did hit that crossroads and I answered the questions that came up. I’ve found the balance that works for me. That’s really all I or anyone can do.

Z September 12, 2012 at 04:15

It is irrelevant whether you think people that are struggling are in the “majority” or not. You will always deny this lack inside your happy bubble.
As you always say everything is perfect.

The fact is Anny above and many others not as courageous as her (thank you) are real, living examples of people that cannot afford your personalized services.
You can pretend all you like that they don’t exist in order for you to feel better, but the facts are the facts. Raising of prices will only make it further out of reach for them.
What is the very thing they needed help with is money?

“Majority rules” is not a good thing to base morals off anyway. Don’t go into murky waters with dismissing “minorities” such as those real people that cannot afford something no matter how much “value” or “investment” it has.
Even if you were offering a person the elixer of life..if they cannot afford it they cannot. Period.
The thing is the ones that can’t afford are obviously the ones that need the help MOST!

“First of all, I don’t agree that the majority of people can’t afford to pay their next bill. That’s one view of reality, but it’s not mine. Are there a lot of people out there who are struggling? Yes. Is it the majority? I don’t think so (this is my view). There are many, many people who are financially stable and who are ready to focus on their emotional and spiritual evolution.”

This gives the implication that the people not able to afford their next bill are not willing to focus on their emotional and spiritual evolution.
This is just insulting to those facing REAL financial issues on a daily basis.

They are your readers too. Again like what you have said in the past about “first class” you have become out of touch with what is like not to have money and these dismissive comments about those people are unpleasant.

As for the “free” coaching calls that is total BS. You are a VERY smart woman and you know they aren’t “free”
They are published and sold on your website as many times as you like. In time you will make MORE money off these “free” coaching calls from these sales.
The person pays for the call with their privacy and personal information now circulating with whoever wants to purchase the call.

A REAL free call would be PRIVATE & NOT SOLD. You and your true desire to offer a free call would be for their benefit.
These free coaching call clients may have felt comfortable initially, but over time they will regret this choice as your website expands and their calls are circulated further and further…
You might even include these calls on c.d., on television… who knows.

Now if you truly offered private and REAL FREE PRIVATE calls, I would highly commend you on that.
What the issue is giving yourself praise for free calls that aren’t free. The comments are free just like anyone that runs a blog in the history of time.

There are ministers that all offer great value/advise to their followers and many spiritual teachers that do the same thing.
It is not new.
You do this because you love it and enjoy it. No one forced you to do it. That part is a great thing.
Mentioning that it is free is seeking for compliments/praise. (?) You have so many fans you don’t need to do that–they do it for you.

“I don’t hold a monopoly on wellbeing, so that if someone can’t get access to me, they’re doomed.”

This is true and false at the same time. There are many “wellbeing gurus” out there, but you may be the perfect match for someone…except.. they can’t afford you! Raising prices will block those people out even further.

Also I wouldn’t waste my time on those other gurus. There are severely money-hungry people out there.
Also crazy gurus that have no answers and eat their sandals.
:-)
You however have a good hope of being reasonable about this, have a big heart and are more likely to listen to what I’m trying to say.
You are also starting off in many ways…where those other gurus are already wearing their armani suits…all hope is lost with them. They are already unreasonable.
I’d be trying to point this out and they’d just see a walking piece of money.
You have broken away from those types and the coporate/bigshot world…so yes, you personally are unique in that way.
I feel I could reach you where others would just laugh in my face.

Also I feel intuitively there are people in your sphere that need your TLC but can’t afford it.

Thank you for your time. I know you good a fantastic job, that’s why people reach out to you.
It’s a good thing. :-)

Oh and for dramatic purposes (not to be taken seriously) Jesus didn’t charge the Lepers!

Melody Fletcher September 12, 2012 at 16:09

Hey Z,

I don’t deny that people who cannot afford my services exist. But I cannot cater to everyone. What is the alternative? Like I said, I can get a job, but then there won’t be nearly as much free stuff here, either. And I’d much rather make my living doing something I love than something I don’t care about. I no longer think that I’m not entitled to make money because the activity is something I love or because it helps people.

I never said that people who aren’t able to afford me aren’t ready to work on their evolution. There are many groups of people out there, some can afford me but aren’t a match to my material, some are a match but can’t afford me and some can afford me and are a match. I choose to focus my business on that last group because that’s when I have the most success, not just financially, but also in terms of getting results for those I work with.

“Your own personal limiting beliefs stop you from making money outside of work/your website. You are the one believing this is not possible or would sacrifice the quality of what you do.”

I don’t believe that I would sacrifice the quality of what I would do, it would sacrifice the quantity, and I know I can make money doing something else. But why would I want to do that? Why is it better to make money doing something one hates than doing something one loves?

The people who allow their coaching calls to be used publicly actually do so gladly. They are happy that their discussion will benefit others. It truly is a win-win. And it’s only because I am able to use the calls publicly that I am able to offer so many free calls – far more than I could otherwise.

How do you know that I don’t give calls away privately?

And of course there are people out there who NEED help but can’t afford it. But I have a choice to make – do I cater to them and give it all away for free, meaning that I will not be able to pay my rent, or I’ll have to get another job and greatly cut down on the help I can give? Or do I cater only to those who can afford very high prices, create $2000 products and give nothing away for free? Or, do I try to find a happy medium where I can run my business profitably and use those some of those resources to help others? Option number 3 feels best to me.

And who gets to decide what my rates should be? Whose judgment should I listen to on this? Who gets to decide what my standard of living should be? Is it ok to make just enough money to eke out a living? Or is it ok if I go to dinner every once in a while? What’s the cutoff at which point it’s ok for me to make money doing what I love? These are all questions I’ve had to consider at length over time, and believe me, many of them were hard to answer. Here’s what I came up with:

I get to decide. No one else. The balance I’ve found works for me. Ultimately, I feel happiest when I do this work, and I see nothing wrong with doing so as a for profit business. One doesn’t somehow lessen the value of the other. Of course there are people out there who are only in it for the money. But earning money doesn’t automatically negate other intentions. I can’t speak for those others. I can only speak for me.

I know you care a great deal, and that you’re afraid that I will turn this site into one of those heartless money grubbing machines. But in order for that to happen, I would have to suddenly become heartless and money grubbing. Do you honestly think that will happen? I’ve found a balance I’m happy with, one that may not be comfortable for you right now, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid for me. We each get to walk our own path in our own way. You don’t have to agree with me, but maybe you could accept that my way has the potential to lead to something really great, a vision that you would love to see come to fruition as well. It may not be the way you’d chose, but it will get me there just the same.

Oh, and if I ever meet a Leper, I promise not to charge them. ;)

Sending you love and light and tons of hugs,

Z September 13, 2012 at 04:14

Here is another moment with Z, brought to you by Z:

-What is the alternative to catering to everyone? Putting more focus on those truly in need, not those with that obese wallets, fake glasses and penguin suits. We did this dance already. You can get there and I believe you could be a pioneer in that field.
-I never told you to “get a job” (you hippie) or a haicut. ? I told you that you still have limiting beliefs about helping those that are a match and can’t afford you.
-I want you to do what you love, don’t feel you have to get all philosophical about money or defend this invisible attack I haven’t even made.
- “I choose to focus my business on that last group because that’s when I have the most success, not just financially, but also in terms of getting results for those I work with.”—That’s your limiting beliefs yet again. YOU are the one believing the money starved individuals aren’t capable of getting good results. Why not try a few, don’t give up after one session and throw your hands up saying it can’t be done. Give them the chance to get some of the layers off and then talk to them. You gave up before you even tried. Maybe make one poor person your project at a time with the clear goal it WILL work.
- “Why is it better to make money doing something one hates than doing something one loves?” Don’t know. I’m in the “do what you love” camp. The “do what you hate” team will have to answer that for you.
- I disagree on the public callers. They might just be desperate and broke.
-“I will not be able to pay my rent, or I’ll have to get another job and greatly cut down on the help I can give?”
Isn’t LOA the magic bomb that you tell your clients not to listen to fear based ideas like not being able to pay your rent. Take your own advice here. You know money will always come. It’s LOA. Don’t lose the faith in that magic pot. You’ll pull down your own beliefs that way.
- “How do you know that I don’t give calls away privately?” Because my intuition says so. ? Because you argue against it.
-It’s not about you making money. Hell, have dinner every night at a 5 star hotel for all I care! It’s about being available to those without money while still living it up and being happy.
I was going to use Jesus as an example but he doesn’t check box number 3 being he didn’t live it up as far as we know, dressing in a robe and all.
So basically I’m telling you be like Jesus but also continue a happy, lavish lifestyle, pay your rent etc. LOA could show you how to do both.
- And of course there are people out there who NEED help but can’t afford it. But I have a choice to make – do I cater to them= YES. Most assuredly. ;-)

Thanks for your mostly “fair enough” reply. I get what you have to do. To an extent. Maybe you need to get happier so an answer will come where you can help those broke people too.
Until then yes it’s fair enough.
But where do the broke people go that already can’t afford their rent? I still feel they need a solution.

Z September 13, 2012 at 04:31

Oh and earlier saying that people manifest the money to see you…they don’t really need that help as much as the ones that can manifest the money to see you.

There’s multiple reasons someone couldn’t afford you but still be a great client for you.
This could include disabled people that don’t work and just have enough to live on.
Who knows maybe in time (delayed reward) they’d be so happy and grateful they’d pay you back later or 10x the amount when they were successful themselves.

What a cool idea! You coach Joe into getting a good job or whatever and then he pays you back!
Ahhh! So there are solutions. And I’m a sad idiot! :-) Imagine what a happy, smart person could come up with.

I’m just saying don’t give up on the poor and assume they aren’t a match to you.

Although I do wish I could say “people can’t afford me” there’s some swag to that!

Melody Fletcher September 13, 2012 at 17:37

Well, like I said, I guess we’re going to have to just agree to disagree. The thing is, LOA has brought me the solution I’m happy with. It may not be the solution that you would manifest in my stead, but that’s ok.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Dear LOA: What’s The Point Of Being Here?My Profile

Z September 14, 2012 at 03:36

aww. My above comment was so much more reasonable. I’m basically agreeing with you whilst looking at future possibilities.

Melody Fletcher September 14, 2012 at 14:00

He, he, I appreciate that Z.

anny September 12, 2012 at 16:39

Hi Z,

In your comment further above you asked about my opinion. As far as this later comment of yours is concerned, I agree with you again about the matter of the free calls, even though I would never have used your way of describing it.

For me it would indeed be unacceptable to have a coaching call on this condition. I am willing to share a lot about my life in this blog and also about difficulties I am encountering, but in this way I am the one who decides what gets published and what does not. When you enter into a coaching call under these conditions you never know beforehand where it will all be going and that is unacceptable to me so I would never ask for it.

That is the way I feel and I am not afraid to make known how I feel about it, but that does not mean that Melody necessarily has to be wrong in offering coaching calls on this condition. That is the way she feels and she is just as much entitled to her feelings and her opinion as I am to mine and you are to yours.

I think people would be much more willing to listen to you when you make known your opinion and your feelings as your opinion and your feelings instead of trying to prove that you are right and they must be wrong.

Melody will still answer you in a positive way but many people would not because they would feel attacked. Maybe you could ask if Melody or whoever has not considered this or that aspect or ask how they feel about such and such in a way that shows you would like to understand where they are coming from. If you ask positive questions in a positive way you might start a very positive correspondence where both (or even more) parties can all learn something new as an addition instead of an opposition and maybe also change their opinion because of it. But do not try to force people to change their opinion.

Trying to almost force somebody to adapt my or your view of things never works anyway because what is an obvious truth in my or your view might be nothing of the kind in theirs. I learned that a long time ago, so I do not even try it anymore. It might also save you a lot of frustration.

Love,

Anny

Z September 13, 2012 at 03:24

Oh dear lord.

I wrote a reply and now it was deleted as I tried to copy & paste to save it in MS Word!
(in case of censoring I’ve learned to save my comments least they be erased)

I’ll be back with it and hopefully the deleting has just annoyed me and the universe is telling me to “grow a pair”
as I was wrapping my reply in fluff and BS.

Z September 13, 2012 at 03:44

Anny,

I’ve heeded the advice of the universe and you are in for a real reply with no diapers or safety nets! (Ok maybe just enough to stop this comment from deletion)

I’ve experienced many people that agree with me in various circumstances. However, many are cowards and they stand behind me, as I make the point for them. In the event it goes down badly they slink away and deny all association as I take the beating for them.

You see I have a very valuable use.
I’m that person that asks the questions everyone wants to ask, but too embarrassed to put up their hand. I’m the one that cops the flak for these things that other people are too afraid to do themselves.

What I have learned is people don’t like long, convoluted statements that don’t get to the point. That’s why I make many, blunt points that hit the mark without fluffing around and further irritating an already reluctant audience.

I’ll give you a real-life example: I once worked within an employment service for the disabled. They had sub-par facilities, no drinking water and uncomfortable chairs for the clients. Everybody knew this but said nothing out of fear/complacency.
So one day I calmly pointed out the elephant in the room: “If these chairs are meant to be ergonomically designed, why the staff members aren’t sitting on them? Why aren’t YOU (my “superior”) sitting on them?” Now behind her back there were at least ten people beaming and giving me a round of applause.
Not the smartest thing to do, not the popular choice, but the right choice for the disabled people. Then they all started looking around and questioning why the hell the staff got these plush chairs and they got these back-crushing plastic ones when they already had physical ailments.

I’d played Devils’ Advocate and that is what gets results. Not pandering, cheering and re-wording things to be “palatable.”
I take back my desire to be palatable. Let me never be palatable! That is for politicians trying to make BS sound like gold and win votes for a tax raise.

As for implying that I’m here for “I’m right and you are wrong” Neanderthal arguments—that are just insulting and you missed the point and my value.

I’m not here to attack or prove anything. I’m here to be authentic and tell you when your butt does look big in your jeans and what you can do about it.

anny September 14, 2012 at 17:37

Hi Z,

Thanks for your answer. It certainly is clear and telling what you are about. Well, that is fine. That is your point of view and that is okay. But it is not mine and it never has been. And I am not backing out of anything, if that is what you were saying.

I reacted to your first comment because you seemed to appreciate some support and I shared some of your feelings. The same thing in a later comment. So I told you so. The cause of my feelings however had nothing whatsoever to do with Melody’s coaching practice but because of them I felt uncomfortable with this particular post, so I agreed with you that it would be good if she knew some people have these feelings.

You yourself asked me about my opinion and that is what I gave you, my opinion. No more, no less. You can take it or leave it.

What I meant is more or less the same as Melody wrote in yesterday’s blog, What is the point of being here: ‘When you’re in a debate and you can see the other person’s point of view, when you can understand where they’re coming from and why, you accept their perspective. You may still prefer your opinion over theirs, but you’re no longer invalidating their views. And when you accept their side as valid, the fighting stops, true communication can begin, the energy opens up and flows.’ I am sure you read the post by now and know the context.

If I have misunderstood you I am sorry, but you misunderstood me too. That is what happens when people have different perspectives.

I do respect very much that you want to stand up for people who need help. I myself do that by supporting four foster children in Nicaragua and Egypt respectively, along with a couple of other projects. It is very enriching to have been in touch with these kids for years and to see how they grow up to be people who have a better chance in life. The eldest one is ready to go to university on a grant where they came into the orphanage without ever having been to school before.

By the way: Did those people you wrote about get new chairs?

Finally I want to say to you that I respect your point of view and I hope that you can respect mine. And, like Melody said: let us agree to disagree.

All the best,

Anny

Z October 9, 2012 at 15:39

Anny,

My apologies, I barely check my emails or this blog.

I don’t actually think we disagree! I appreciate your support and honesty. You did say you agreed, except you wouldn’t use the same words. So all we have in disagreement is linguistics. ;-)
You took some of my references personally, when talking about society and dealings with “humans” in general. I don’t feel I misunderstood you.
You’re clearly a diplomat.
I just feel if you have an opinion, then boldly state that. It’s not the same as being a total jerk and attacking the person. Which I haven’t done. It’s a clear, open, boldness that allows us to communicate without that fear.
Your example of the children is interesting, if slightly misplaced. I spoke of standing up to opposition, taking the beating for an entire group, one of many examples.
It is not important about the chairs or donations or these material things.
The point was about how I have the ability to open my mouth and say “this is not right” when others simply think it. They sigh with relief as I am the one to point out the elephant in the room. They personally don’t have the fortitude to point out the elephant themselves. I never said you lacked this fortitude. You are here talking with me, so my assumption is that you are a very strong woman.
I’m not sure why you mention charity, I’m not involved with any particular charity and even if I were, that is no-ones’ business but my own. It’s not something I would be proud of. It’s easy to give and love. It’s harder for me or any person to stand up to someone or something.
For all you know, I could be a total wack job, as after all, I am behind a computer screen and an avatar, just like you.

I will not agree to disagree, because I feel we agree, you just use another configuration of words and tone.
In addition- I am too much of a stubborn man for that!

This was a useful conversation, as we made the same point and demonstrated to each other something we both needed to learn.
You need some characteristics I have, and I need some of yours. I have incorporated your gentle touch into this final reply, while retaining my direct way of communicating.
Whatever I have for you, is up to you.

Z

Lance September 11, 2012 at 02:58

Melody – how cool!!! Lots of very awesome things are happening here…and it makes me SMILE!!! You rock!!

And…nice job not piddling yourself!! Dogs worldwide…take note of this girl!!! She’s a brilliant one!!

Hugs and high fives!!
Lance
Lance invites you to read..How To Use Your Thoughts To Break Free Of A NightmareMy Profile

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 16:51

Ha, ha, Lance! Thanks so much for your support. I’m excited for this next stage, too. So much wonderful creation and so many people here who are right there with me. It’s like a dream coming true! Actually, exactly like that… :)

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs!

Tess The Bold Life September 11, 2012 at 17:56

Melody,
I just want to confirm to your readers just how brilliant your work is and how you are so worth the monetary investment. I really don’t study the LOA anymore. I live it. You are right up there with the great teachers I learned from. Now it your time. I’m so happy to see you go for it. xo
Tess The Bold Life invites you to read..Coming Back to Life: An Interview with Jodi ChapmanMy Profile

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 20:22

Hey Tess,

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate the support, chica!

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs!

Fran Sorin September 12, 2012 at 13:48

Melody – What fantastic news! Congratulations! You are right on about making more money. There is nothing ‘non-spiritual’ about letting the cash flow your way. It’s all part of abundance when you have the right mind set….which you do.

One of the books that helped me re-frame how I perceived money is The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist. Besides the book, Lynne is an extraordinary individual whose contributions to making the world more loving, kind, and equitable are infinite.

Much love and blessings to you – Fran
Fran Sorin invites you to read..How 4 Simple Sentences of Love Can Make Today A Sacred DayMy Profile

Melody Fletcher September 12, 2012 at 16:11

Thanks so much Fran! I had a lot of beliefs to release, let me tell you. And I’m sure I still have more. Money really is just energy and it can flow as freely into our experience as love. Of course, we often block that, too. ;)

Thanks so much for your support. And I’ll definitely check out that book. I’ve heard of it but haven’t read it.

Sylviane Nuccio September 14, 2012 at 21:53

Congratulations on all your changes and improving your system. As a new coach myself, I have been wanting to ask you a few questions myself, but between one thing and another that never happened. I guess I will send you an email. I know that when you got back from vacation you were drowning under emails as well, so you didn’t need one more from me :) All the best to you!
Sylviane Nuccio invites you to read..Why Do You Procrastinate And What Can You Do About It?My Profile

Melody Fletcher September 16, 2012 at 21:02

Hey Sylviane,

I’ve been moving at light speed, that’s true. And I am getting overwhelmed here and there, but that’s helping me to figure out how to streamline more. I anticipate it all getting a lot smoother in November. Maybe. :P

I’m trying to get away from email (that’s what’s overwhelming me the most), so I’d prefer if we just have a chat. Mail me (short mail) and we’ll set up a time. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How To Network For Success Without Feeling Like A Total DouchebagMy Profile