[Call #007 was released today on the Membership Site. Today's subject: Sex. That's right, boys and girls, I said s-e-x. Check out the call summary (including an update from the caller!)]
I’ve been lucky enough to have been nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” by regular reader and fellow blogger Sylviane Nuccio. I am so honored to have received this nomination from Sylviane; thanks so much for including me in your list!
Now let me tell you more about the award:
Rules of the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
- All recipients need to thank the giver
- Post 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
7 totally random things about me
1. Despite all the cat pictures on my blog, I’m actually a total dog person. I adore dogs. Just looking at them makes me happy. Despite this, I don’t own a dog. I live in an apartment in the middle of a city and I don’t consider that nearly spacious enough for a pet. So, although I’ve wanted a dog since the day I was born, I’m holding off until the time is right, I’m done with the majority of my planned travel, and I have a backyard.
2. I start every morning with a cup of Chai tea with a bit of Agave syrup and almond milk. I used to have a horrific coffee addiction. I don’t miss the coffee, but I realized that I did miss the ritual of my morning cup of Joe. The Chai tea fills that requirement nicely.
3. When I lived in Germany, I was the lead singer of a Blues Band. During my corporate days, I lost my singing voice. One day, it was simply gone. I’m currently working on getting it back and I’m making progress (it’s better, but still not good enough for company). I’ve figured out that the voice didn’t go away. It simply changed drastically. So, I don’t have to so much get it back as discover it in its new form.
4. I’m a pretty decent pool player as long as I loudly announce to everyone in the bar before the game that “I TOTALLY SUCK!” Telling someone that I’m actually pretty good guarantees a night of embarrassment and apologies. You may insert your own dirty joke here.
5. I’m one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. But when I watch any kind of sports match, I LOVE to talk smack. It actually makes me happy to yell sarcastic criticisms at the screen. I do not need to actually know what I’m talking about to do this (but it helps with the humor when I know more about the players). As long as I know the basic rules, I’m good to go. I have no idea why this makes me so happy, but it does. Currently, my favorite teams are Barca (the Barcelona football/soccer team) and the Spanish National football/soccer team (which are basically the same damn team, minus Messi). But I also love American Football (49′ers! Boise State University!), and have watched a bit of Tennis in the past. I’m not a big basketball fan and I don’t have enough knowledge about Baseball to really enjoy the game (i.e. it bores the hell out of me. But the other way sounds better.)
6. I’m incredibly near sighted. Without my glasses or contacts, I can’t see more than a few inches in front of my face. Kind of like a female Mr. Magoo. I almost always wear contacts when I go out.
7. I have some chocolate every day. I make a raw, banana/berry smoothie for breakfast every morning, to which I add a heaping spoon of raw cacao. I thought I’d get sick of it after a while, but it’s been two years, and I still look forward to my smoothie every morning. Yep, always the same one.
But, enough about me. It’s time to introduce you to some of the most awesome ladies I know.
Awards of Sisterhood of the World’s Bloggers to 7 bloggers
Now, before I start, I’d like to say that I apologize if I’ve left anyone out. Also, I’m sorry men. You deserve an award too. Perhaps when someone comes out with a movie called The Brotherhood of the Traveling Jockstrap, we can talk. (For the record, this is not a movie I would watch.)
Nominees are listed in alphabetical order for extra fairness:
Andrea DeBell, from Brite Talk. I love Andrea’s videos! She has such an awesome grasp of the Law of Attraction and does such a wonderful job of teaching her viewers how to apply it. If you don’t know of her already, do yourself a favor and check out her site!
Angela Artemis, from Powered by Intuition. I reviewed Angela’s book a few weeks ago, but was a fan of hers long before that. What I am to LOA, Angela is to the subject of Intuition. If you’ve ever wanted to develop your psychic abilities or simply learn how to follow your hunches better, Angela’s your guide.
Betsy McKee Henry, from Zen Mama. Betsy teaches Parents how to take a more, well, Zen approach. Her blogs are informative, honest and touching. And she calls her Husband “Zen Papa”, which is just so cute.
Elle Sommer, from Reflecting A Life. Rarely have I found anyone who has such an incredible understanding of the Law of Attraction. I don’t say this lightly, but Elle is an LOA superstar. I love her blog posts, where she shares her extraordinary outlook and musings about her life.
Farnoosh Brock, from Prolific Living. Farnoosh is an expert on green juicing, healthy living and coaches people on how to leave their hated and stifling corporate jobs behind. Just like me, she used to be part of the corporate world but has now taken a more authentic route. She has such an amazing energy. One of my favorite people in the blogosphere EVER.
Lori Gosselin, from Life, for Instance. Lori blogs about Life and is a master at starting awesome discussions. She has the most amazing community (um, erm, I mean second most amazing, of course! Ahem!) on her blog. And because she writes about life, you can find discussions on topics as diverse as Women’s rights, magic, and alternative medicine on her blog.
Vidya Sury, from Going A Musing. Vidya blogs about her life in India, telling hilarious stories of her relationship with her son, and giving us glimpses into her culture. She frequently shares the images she takes on her travels and through her writing, invites us into her charming, funny, touching and honest world.
Well, there you go. Now it’s your turn. How about this: I’ve told you 7 new things about me. Why don’t you tell me one or two things about yourself that I don’t know? After all, fair’s fair. 8)