I’m Back! Updates to Deliberate Receiving

Post image for I’m Back! Updates to Deliberate Receiving

by Melody Fletcher on July 3, 2012

Hello my lovely Happy Shiny Puppy Army. I’m back from my Spa vacation, all buffed and shined and overhauled. If my body were a car, this would’ve been a full detailing, except less Armor-All and more Algae masks.

A teensy bit overwhelmed

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts to check in and keep an eye on things once a day, I’ve come back to over 700 emails. So, if you’re waiting for an answer from me, please be patient. I’ll get there. Eventually.

Given the huge number of mails I get and the fact that this number seems to be increasing steadily, I’ve come to a decision regarding how I handle these mails. When I started this blog, I answered any mail I got. Frankly, I was grateful to anyone who read my stuff. I still am, actually, but I only have 24 hours in my day, and I have to use those as best I can. So, when I became overwhelmed by the volume of mails I received a few months ago, I created a rule: I would answer questions about LOA for free, but would refer any questions about personal beliefs to my coaching packages page. And I more or less stuck to that (I sometimes crossed the line a bit, when a question was really interesting or the answers just spewed forth).

Now, I’ve come to the point where even that restriction isn’t enough anymore. Once again, I’m drowning in mails. It’s been my intention from the very start to keep a large portion of my content free. This blog will always be free, for example. And I want to make myself as accessible as possible. I hate it when I go to the website of an “expert” and they expect you to pay just to figure out if their information is valuable to you or not. With that in mind, I’ve decided to come up with the following rule, which still makes it possible for people to get answers for free, while allowing me to leverage my time and benefit the largest amount of people possible.

Ready? Here it is:

If I can answer a question publicly, i.e. as a comment, in a blog post or to use in my membership site or future products (thinking ahead here…), I will answer it for free. I will no longer answer emails privately, unless they come from coaching clients, of course.

This way, I’m still accessible to answer questions. You can still interact with me and figure out if I’m the right coach for you or not. You can still read through hundreds of pages of content and learn all about the Law of Attraction. But if you want me to spend hours reading and answering your questions, guiding you through your own personal situation (essentially, if you want me to coach you), you’re going to have to hire me.

So, just to recap, here are my offerings:

FREE LOA Resources

These will always be free, and I will continue to post this kind of content regularly, just as I have been doing:

The Blog Archives

Free LOA E-book and Audio (fully explains the basics of LOA. If you haven’t gotten this already, you really totally should. Seriously.)

Free LOA Articles

Free LOA Videos

Free LOA Audios (did you know I had audios?)

Free Coaching Calls (subject to approval of application)

Ask me a Question (providing I can answer it publicly)

Low Cost Resources

The Coaching Call Subscription Program Get access to 4 recorded coaching calls per month. Those of you who love Abraham recordings, this is very similar. Listen in as each week, a client is moved from a low vibration to a higher one in the space of an hour. You’ll not only benefit from the vibrational lift (energy transmits via sound, too), but also from the explanations I provide on why and how the processes I use work. The more you listen, the more you’ll understand LOA.  And because it’s a membership site, I can provide a TON of value for an itsy bitsy price per subscriber.

Email Coaching (Buy just one or a package of three and get your personal questions answered.)

Premium Resources

Private Coaching (1 on 1 phone coaching with yours truly. Get your own personal energy tune up, shift beliefs that have been bugging you for years, figure out what’s been blocking you and why, and feel tons better in just an hour. It doesn’t get any better than this.)

So, there you have it. Of course, I’m going to be adding to this list as time goes by. My week away has given me tons more ideas which I’m itching to put into practice as well as many insights which I’ll be sharing on the blog in the coming weeks.

I could use your help

My big, general intention is to provide as much value as possible to as many people as possible, without killing myself. And since this site is a co-creation (it’s your questions that elicit the answers, and without my awesome readers, I’d just be a very groomed but totally loony woman screaming into a crowd, really), I’d love your help to spread this information and move this site forward.

Greg July 3, 2012 at 18:18

Wonderful! I just love it when an answer to one of my prayers comes from a totally unexpected place! I’ve been dealing with overwhelm in so many places and asking for guidance on how to handle it gracefully and with the ability to still serve those I have connected with.

And lo & behold, you’ve given me a fantastic example. Thanks Melody!
Greg invites you to read..Day 311: Too Slow? Just Right?My Profile

Melody Fletcher July 3, 2012 at 18:28

Hey Greg,

It’s always such a fine line, isn’t it? I want to help others, I love doing it, but I also can’t kill myself. I’ve been battling that line all my life. When the answer came (on vacation, where else?), it seemed so simple. But I couldn’t see it before. I was (once again!) trying to do it all. Thanks so much for the validation.

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Intuition Principle – How To Attract The Life You Dream OfMy Profile

Tess The Bold Life July 3, 2012 at 18:38

Love the photo, the boundaries, the authenticity! You rock. Welcome back.
Tess The Bold Life invites you to read..Freedom From Fear Celebration and Sale!My Profile

Melody Fletcher July 3, 2012 at 19:51

Thanks so much Tess! It’s great to be back!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick Questions About LOA and Manifesting Volume 3My Profile

Vidya Sury July 3, 2012 at 19:51

Big shiny puppy hugs to you. Where art thy pictures, Melody?

Your decision to post your answers on the blog is a great idea, you brilliant LOA expert! Will you be putting the Q & A’s in a separate category here for quick access to those who are FAQ freaks?

Hugs. Very happy to see you back!
Vidya Sury invites you to read..A Cherished PrivilegeMy Profile

Melody Fletcher July 3, 2012 at 20:25

Hey Vidya,

Thanks so much, sweetness!
Actually, all these types of posts are under the “Ask Melody” category. But maybe I should rename it Q&A. You know… for the freaks… ;)

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs for you!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Deliberate Receiving Membership Site is LIVE!!!My Profile

Kat July 3, 2012 at 20:57

Welcome “home” Melody!

Melody Fletcher July 3, 2012 at 22:05

Thanks Kat! As much as I love to travel (especially the spa kind…), it’s always nice to come home. And even though there’s a lot of work to be done, it’s so awesome to engage with all of you guys again. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Living in the Moment vs Honoring CommitmentsMy Profile

Jennifer B. July 3, 2012 at 21:32

Welcome back Melody! Your new rule sounds more than fair and I think it’s a great way to keep doing everything you want to do while keeping you sane :-)

Melody Fletcher July 3, 2012 at 22:06

Thanks so much for the feedback and warm wishes Jennifer!

Happy shiny puppy hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick Questions About LOA and Manifesting Volume 4My Profile

naomi July 4, 2012 at 00:05

hey mel u look so beautiful now! ;) thanks for all you do, your info has helped me change my life, and i love you!!

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:23

Thanks! My pelt is all shiny and stuff. Ha.

Super happy shiny puppy hugs for you, my dear!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How do the Masters do it?My Profile

Alice July 4, 2012 at 00:31

Salutations Melody,

This is funny! When you said you were overwhelmed I thought: “better not comment for a while then!”
Then you said this: What do you think? Is there anything missing from this list that you’d like to see? Do you think the new question rule is fair? Do you have any suggestions to make the site better? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

*Clone yourself

You are doing a great job! It means you have at least 700 fans and people that respect your opinion & other cool stuff.
This blog is a really happy place and you’re doing so well with all those responses and everybody is obviously impressed. *applauds*

Well if you’re asking…lol :-)

I don’t even think an unemployed person could answer 700 in one week. There’s not enough hours!
I’m sure the volume of emails may vary so hopefully there will be quiet weeks. You are being fair- you are not a robot that doesn’t sleep!

You asked for ideas:

*Maybe you could use the same method you use to select the free coaching calls and choose intuitively which emails to answer? The most urgent could be answered and the emails that are just curious and could be left until a slower time.

*People could still communicate with you and write emails into their drafts section. There’s a little symbol on the site that says you are swamped with emails and communications.
Then when the symbol changes you can go into the drafts folder and send the email. It could be something cute like a traffic light. When it’s red we could just wait until you were ready. It might regulate the flow of email “traffic” a bit.
Also with things in drafts or MS word documents people would sit on things and maybe answer their own question. Only the really important stuff would still need to be asked.

* The website is fabulous. The only thing I could think of to suggest is that the blogs could be put into tab categories when a person is looking through the archives. I know you have a drop down menu for this but it’s not that obvious. They can either use the current view (by date) or the category view. Or a search bar to find things in the huge website.

*Someone can start typing in their question in a form. Keywords lead them to archived articles that may already answer their question. Only after seeing archived articles they might still have an unanswered question. But at least that filters out some that were already answered.

*People like Alice accidently get 404 page error. You could say it was an accident. :-)

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:22

Hey Alice,

Don’t worry. I’m a really fast typist and I’m really good at prioritizing. I also use a variety of templates for responses. Not all of those 700 were emails that required a lengthy response or even action. I got through a lot of them yesterday. Also, I really enjoy what I do, which makes me really productive. :)

Thank you for you suggestions. I’m working on cloning myself, but so far, attempts have been rather unsuccessful. We’ve created a Malibu Melody, a Beach House Melody and a Spa Melody, but LOA Melody still eludes us. Sigh.

I’ve been looking into creating a better Archive page. The search function I had wasn’t very good. It didn’t retrieve very good results. But the content is now getting so massive, I realize it’s almost impossible to find stuff. Even for me. Yikes! The answer will come, don’t you worry. LOA Melody is on it. Ha.

There are no accidents. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Do Soul Mates Exist?My Profile

Alice July 5, 2012 at 03:19

:-)

Alice July 4, 2012 at 00:33

Argh the large font is so embarassing. It looks like I’m screaming everywhere. I wish there was an option to delete ones’ own comments.

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:23

Nope! Once you comment, it’s forever. Buwahahahahaha.

;)

Cathy Taughinbaugh July 4, 2012 at 00:44

Glad you enjoyed your break! Emails can be overwhelming, but sounds like you have a great plan and some awesome programs!
Cathy Taughinbaugh invites you to read..The Importance of the Family DinnerMy Profile

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:25

Thanks Cathy! I’m already through a huge chunk of them. Years on the corporate world taught me how to deal with massive amounts of emails quickly. I think this new system will allow me to keep on growing.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..If Everyone Wants a Hottie, How Does Anyone Ever End Up With A Not-ie?My Profile

Evan Griffith July 4, 2012 at 04:00

Melody!

It is absolutely, completely fair!

And I’m thrilled for you that you’ve come to this point of having to focus yourself more narrowly. You give your heart and soul out here, it’s evident in every post — you should reap the rewards from those seeking paid guidance. In fact, I can’t wait to PAY you for something . . . I’m just trying to dream up something worthy of your guidance!

You are a treasure and a pleasure. If all you did was offer these posts for free, without even sprinkling in your commentary among the comments . . . that would be plenty.

You deserve this over-abundant overflow!

Enjoy it, this creation of yours –

Evan
Evan Griffith invites you to read..I’m Hindu in this way . . .My Profile

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:26

Thanks so much for your wonderful and kind words Evan! What a wonderful manifestation you are today. :)

Don’t you worry. I’ll come up with something that will inspire you to get out that wallet, he, he.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Dear LOA: How Can People Who Initially Hate Each Other Fall In Love?My Profile

lib July 4, 2012 at 20:58

Good move, Melody. Disappearing under a metaphorical mountain of emails is not a good end. Would much rather have you freed up.
It’s a mark of your success and a wise move to deal with it head on. (That’s not like you, but then again … :) )

Some others have dealt with this problem by having a FAQ page.

Good luck and may you bask in the tranquility of email-less-ness.
lib invites you to read..A Little PerspectiveMy Profile

Melody Fletcher July 4, 2012 at 21:28

Thanks Lib!

I think my entire blog is an FAQ page… Ha.

I do need to find a way to organize the archives so that people can find what they’re looking for more easily. The old spa-i-fied noggin’ is working on it. :)

patricia July 5, 2012 at 02:03

Welcome back and I think your must have had a great time.
I can get rid of many emails, because they are spam and ads….just check 40 boxes and hit delete. I just let go of a number of newsletters because they were just too much to read and I am going to let go of one whole page on my reader.

I have given away information for free forever and now no one will pay for it….even my counseling…I just did a 2 hour session for a woman who is leaving my brother as caregiver….at the end she said,’ You sound just like my counselor” which she pays $150 co pay for each hour….Yes I know I did that work for 30 years…and was barely paid by the State…

IT would do me well to get into a cash system…or then again maybe my time is up?
You are so accomplished at these things…good for you
patricia invites you to read..5 FORMS OF PROBLEM SOLVING AND CONFLICT RESOLUTIONMy Profile

Melody Fletcher July 5, 2012 at 21:51

Hey Patricia,

You know, I struggled with this as well. First, I felt kind of guilty for charging. Got over that. Then, I wondered if people could afford my stuff. Then if they’d be WILLING to pay for it. Finally, I realized that I didn’t have to worry about any of that. Perhaps the people that have been benefiting for free are not the same people that will be willing to pay. So what? It’s not my job to figure that out. It’s my job to take care of my own experience and make sure it stays really fun. LOA will take care of the rest.

Your time is not up. You’re not done. :)

Huge hugs for you!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Dear LOA: Is My Urge to Leave My Boyfriend Intuition or Fear?My Profile

Sylviane Nuccio July 8, 2012 at 16:10

Hi Meloday,

First off your kiddies pictures that illustrate how you feel after your SPA are hilarious, I hope you feel much better and I am sorry that you had to come home to 700 email, wow!

Please, don’t forget my interview :) hehehe because I cam before those 700 emails.

Now let me go on to your next post.
Sylviane Nuccio invites you to read..Are You In Alignment With Success?My Profile

Melody Fletcher July 8, 2012 at 20:52

Hey Sylviane,

Thanks! I’m all refreshed now, yes.

Don’t worry. I didn’t forget about you. I sent you the interview today. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Top 10 Values That You Must Have If You Want To Live With PassionMy Profile