Bad News, Awesome News and a Quick Favor

by Melody Fletcher on June 3, 2012

Dear Happy Shiny Puppy Army (or, you know, Happy Kitty Army, Cuddly Lizard Army, etc.),

As mentioned in last weeks’ blog post, where I actually posted a real live coaching call, I have some big announcements for you today. I have some slightly bad news, some really awesome news, and then a small favor to ask of you.

When I started this blog, I set the intention to help as many people as possible in whatever way I could. I wasn’t sure what form that help would take – but over time, as I moved ever closer to the manifestation of that intention, I discovered more and more about myself as well as you. What I learned was that I adore in-person and phone coaching. The amount of energy I stream during a personal or phone coaching session leaves me high for hours afterwards. The clarity and knowledge that come through are phenomenal. So, I’ve told the Universe, “More of that please”. I moved my coaching practice online to be able to reach more people than I could in person.

Even though I kept my prices very reasonable (I wanted to be as accessible as possible), I realized that there are a lot of people who can’t afford my phone coaching services. With that in mind, I began offering email coaching, as a more cost effective option and many of you rejoiced. I ended up with more email coaching clients than phone coaching clients.

The problem with that is that I completely underestimated how much time I would spend on a coaching email. It turns out that by the time I’ve read the client’s detailed email and then drafted my response, I often spend 45-60 on one mail. I quickly became totally overwhelmed by the number of emails I was receiving, with no way to leverage my time. This helped me to further define what I wanted: To help as many people as possible without killing myself, while being adequately compensated for my time. I could simply spend less time on each mail, but half-assing it just isn’t my style. Lowering the value I provide simply didn’t feel good to me.

The Bad News

I know that many of you prefer the email coaching because it’s not as intimidating as getting on the phone (although, I’m hoping that having had a chance to listen to an actual coaching call, you’ll realize how NOT scary I am…), so I don’t want to take the email coaching off the menu altogether.

I will, however, need to raise my prices to reflect the amount of work involved. Because I also know that many of you have been wanting to book an email package, I’m going to give you a chance to book one at the old price.

If you purchase an email coaching package before June 15th, I will honor the old price. On June 15th, the prices will go up (the new price has yet to be determined but it will be significantly higher). You can purchase the packages here: LOA Life Coaching Packages.

Prices for the phone coaching sessions will not be changing at this time.

The Awesome News

Now that we’ve gotten the bad news out of the way, it’s time for the positively awesome news. Inspired by last week’s coaching call with Linda, I had a brilliant idea. Now, I’m not taking sole credit for this idea, because I know that it was a co-creation between myself and my entire readership, i.e, you all.

My intention was to find a way to bring you super high value, at or near what an actual coaching session could provide, at a price that everyone could easily afford.  And that’s what the Universe has delivered onto me. Yay! (Forgive me, I’m so excited, I can’t sit still).

Here it is:

I’m going to create a Membership Site where, for a small monthly fee, you’ll be able to access recordings of actual coaching calls. I’ll be posting one such call each week.

Because I’ll be compensated for my time collectively by the membership site members, I’ll be able to keep the individual fees low while providing super duper value and not working myself to death. That’s leverage.

The other brilliant part of this scenario is that I’ll be offering those four coaching session per month for free to those who qualify (I’ll be choosing candidates intuitively from those who apply), in exchange for the rights to publish those calls. This will allow me to offer my coaching services to a lot more people, which once again, is totally in line with my intention. I plan on creating an application form shortly, but if you can’t wait and want to apply for a free coaching call right now, just Contact Me.

I fully expect that the coaching clients’ questions and the answers they’ll evoke will be perfect matches to the questions that a lot of you have, and that each person who listens to the calls will get exactly what they need at that time. It’s like the Abraham-Hicks model with a twist. :)

Now for the favor:

Because this is a co-creation, I’d like to make sure that I honor your wishes with this new model. So, I’ve put together a short survey. It will take you 1-2 minutes to complete, but will help me a great deal with some of the details of the membership site and will make sure that your desires have a chance to be incorporated right from the start. Thank you in advance for your time. Extra happy shiny puppy hugs for those of you who complete the survey. :)

The Survey has been closed. Thank you SO much for your participation. It was SUPER helpful. :)

We’ll be returning to our regularly scheduled programming next Tuesday. Until then, what do you think? Leave any feedback that you couldn’t fit into the survey in the comments (also, the survey is totally anonymous, so if you want me to know that YOU said something, tell me below).

I’m doing my happy dance. Booya!

Huge hugs from the original happy shiny puppy,

Mary Carol Moran June 3, 2012 at 16:08

Congratulations, Melody!

I LOVE the idea of the membership site! Woohoo! Listening to Linda’s call was energizing and precipitated a big shift for me. I can’t wait to listen in on four calls a month, and sometime get my own free coaching call – tada! Thank you for dreaming up and putting into place this awesome concept!

I want to congratulate you too for listening to and standing up for your own needs. Sometimes we get on a course and we aren’t sure how to shift it, even when it isn’t working quite right. You’ve modeled a great example of taking something that isn’t perfect for you (the e-mail coaching), tweaking it, and opening yourself up for something better.

Lazy Sunday morning hugs!! Ahhh…

Mary Carol Moran invites you to read..X’s and O’sMy Profile

Melody Fletcher June 3, 2012 at 17:48

Thanks Mary Carol,

Sometimes you don’t know if something feels good or not until you give it a try. It’s all valuable information that ultimately helps us define and move closer to what we really want. I had to become more aware of what I actually wanted, what was truly important to me and what was not. I go through this process just like everyone else. :)

Thanks so much for the congrats. I am truly excited about this. I think this is the start of something really wonderful. And from the survey responses I’ve received so far, it looks like people are definitely interested and would VERY much like a place to interact with other paid members. So, while I don’t think I can include the forum right away, it will be a top priority once the membership site is up and running (it’s best to take it one step at a time…). Yay!

Productive, inspired, joyful, bouncing off the walls happy Sunday afternoon hugs to you! :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Day I Met My SoulMy Profile

aylin June 3, 2012 at 17:23

I’m in love wiht the idea of monthly membership and it will be really suitable for my current financial situation.I’d love to be a part of the site and I will do my best for it.Looking forward to the monthly membership:):)
Since I’ve been practising Melody’s teachings I’ve lived the happiest time of my life and now I want to be in touch with beautiful people more and more often:)
HUgs !! :)

Melody Fletcher June 3, 2012 at 17:50

Thanks so much Aylin! I’m so happy you love the idea.

Here’s to the beautiful, happy shiny people, of which there are more than we can even imagine. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Do This One Thing To Stop Your Suffering Right NowMy Profile

Victoria June 3, 2012 at 17:37

There is alot of coaching by the Hicks on YOUtube that I listen to for free. Since the calls would not be on my personal issue…though it might transfer, I cant justify $300. per year. I think the cost is out of range for the distant service and as single mom, working part time I would not be able to consider it. I think you will agree the someone like me is in great need of your coaching. I take some very informative courses on OM for a sliding scale that include audio coaching and usually include up to 12 weeks of weekly posts. I usually pay between $5 and $15 for a 12week period. Just want to let you know what is out there. I would love to buy a book that you produced but again I would only expect to pay a one time $15-$20 for it. I wish you the best but I wonder how you can make this accessable to more.

Melody Fletcher June 3, 2012 at 17:58

Hi Victoria,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate your perspective.

I do offer a ton of free material here as well, and with the offer of free coaching, that will only expand. I also plan on selling the calls individually, so people won’t have to be a full time member to get access to them (although the calls will be cheaper as part of the membership site.) I did take a look at some of the other offerings on the net (I didn’t see this $20 for 12 weeks), and tried to find similar offerings to the value I plan to provide.

I promise that I’ll always be looking for ways to make this material accessible to more people, in a way that doesn’t require me to kill myself with work and allows me to be compensated fairly for my time. A book is a great idea and I’m certain that I’ll be publishing one (or more) in future. I will make sure that it is priced fairly as well.

I truly appreciate your honesty. You’ve helped me a lot. Thank you .

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Does the Law of Attraction Give People Permission To Hurt Others?My Profile

Vidya Sury June 3, 2012 at 19:06

Congratulations! :D You completely rock! Big trembly fingers semi drugged with cough syrup but feeling very high and happy hugs to you!
Vidya Sury invites you to read..Friend IndeedMy Profile

Melody Fletcher June 3, 2012 at 22:57

Thanks so much Vidya! Already getting to work on the membership site. It’s going to be so freaking awesome! :o )

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick Questions About LOA and Manifesting Volume 1My Profile

Nathalie June 3, 2012 at 19:26

Hi Melody — Are you going to keep this blog running or will you be putting it aside as you move on with your new plans? I’m kind of with Victoria on this one… $27 or more per month is out of my price range at this time, but I can totally understand you needing to restructure your service model. Having had personal experience with your email coaching, I know you spend a lot of time on each of the responses you send! Huge hugs to you and all the best… :-)
Nathalie invites you to read..Moonstone: June BirthstoneMy Profile

Melody Fletcher June 3, 2012 at 23:02

Hey Nathalie,

OMG, no worries!!! Of course I’ll keep the blog running. I don’t plan to make any changes there. The only thing I’m changing is the price of the email coaching. The membership site will be on top of everything else and will give people MORE access to me than before, but in a way that I can leverage to serve more people.

I hear you on the price and you’re certainly not the only one who’s given me that feedback (that’s precisely why I used a survey…) I will do my absolute best to make as many people happy as possible. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How To Let Go Of GuiltMy Profile

Nathalie June 4, 2012 at 13:39

Awesome! I’m so glad your site will still be here… Told you before — it’s one of my favourite happy places! :-)
Nathalie invites you to read..What is the symbolic meaning of keys?My Profile

Bill Dorman June 4, 2012 at 00:59

I luv ya baby, but probably not in my wheelhouse right now. However, best of luck with this endeavor and I hope it brings you huge success. Rock on……..
Bill Dorman invites you to read..Putting your best face forwardMy Profile

Melody Fletcher June 4, 2012 at 15:19

That’s ok Bill. It’s not meant for everyone (good Gawd, could you imagine??)

Thanks so much for stopping by and showing support.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Is What I Learned From Religion Just A Load of Crap?My Profile

Anne June 4, 2012 at 05:18

I have had thoughts of having some coaching, and you’re right; it is intimidating. Email coaching is easier, but when has easier been better? I think with your offer of a sample phone coaching recording combined with factual results on how it is that much better; you can influence people to sign up to a membership.

Melody Fletcher June 4, 2012 at 15:25

Hey Anne,

If it helps at all, most people are intimidated when they hire a coach or therapist. But within the first few minutes of the first session, that nervousness generally disappears. I am there to support you, both verbally and energetically. The goal is to leave you in a much better feeling place by the end of the call than you were in at the start. So, it’s not like being dragged through hell. It’s like being lifted out of it. :)

I think email coaching is very effective, too, but as I said, unfortunately, it’s just very time consuming. It also requires a great deal more participation on the clients part, because I can’t guide them in the moment or help them clarify their thoughts as they formulate them. The time delay can be soothing, but it can also make it a more difficult journey.

Bottom line, everyone should use their intuition on which modality works best for them. Hopefully, I’ve provided enough choices to allow those who would like to work with me to resonate with one of them. :)

THanks so much for your feedback!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Learning to Live with My SoulMy Profile

Lori Gosselin June 5, 2012 at 00:31

Melody,
I love how you work with your intuition and flow with life, while sticking your oar in the water to influence the direction you want to go. It sounds completely reasonable to me that an email coaching session would take so much longer than a phone one. And your idea for the membership site sounds brilliant. I’m not surprised! All the best with this!
:-)
Lori
Lori Gosselin invites you to read..Are We Limited by the Language of Love?My Profile

Melody Fletcher June 5, 2012 at 16:36

Thanks so much Lori! We can’t really define life without living it, can we? :D I’m so enjoying this journey and the process of figuring it all out, discovering more details and creating grander and grander visions.

Oh, and doing a survey is super helpful. I’ve learned a lot about what my readership wants. Some of it was totally expected, but some of it was eye opening. I’m doing this again, for sure. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Overcome Anxiety with the 7-11 Breathing TechniqueMy Profile

Sameer June 5, 2012 at 06:57

Hey Awesome Melody,

You are really aligned with your goal of life (helping as many as people). You are not doing business here.

Love that!!!

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs!
Sameer

Melody Fletcher June 5, 2012 at 16:37

Hey Sameer,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I do try my best to practice what I preach. It’s just so much more fun this way. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Overcoming Your Fear Of Confrontation – A Coaching CallMy Profile

libby June 5, 2012 at 15:33

Love the idea, Melody.

You’re right to upgrade and attract – lead by example. Go girl!

Melody Fletcher June 5, 2012 at 16:37

Thanks Libby! I do my best. :)

Happy Shiny Puppy Hugs,
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick Questions About LOA and Manifesting Volume 2My Profile

Derrek June 6, 2012 at 12:23

It’s awesome just seeing your business / site / blog evolve and grow rapidly. Good luck, Melody. Not that you’ll need it, but I couldn’t really find a replacement for ‘Good luck’ that conveyed the same meaning. Oh wait here’s one…

“May The Force Be With You”. Hmm…. “To Infinity…And Beyond!”…..

Melody Fletcher June 6, 2012 at 14:38

Hey Kiddo!

Thanks so much for your support!

I like “May the force be with you”, you know, since our inner being is the force. So technically, we’d have to say, “May you be aware of the fact that the force is with you”, but that’s not as catchy.

How about “Go get ‘em!” :D

Extreme hugs (F&#k yeah!) Ha.

JoreJj Z. Elprehzleinn June 14, 2012 at 01:18

Dear Miss Fletcher,
I just read your entire proposal here for the membership plan and it is really clear that you are quite a genius. The energy you stream, when you spoke about that, I would like to testify that in the short time I have known of you and your sites that is a very valuable commodity you pump through your body and spirit from the divine well. The quality of YOU and your obvious ability to pump in through, (with the beating of your own heart I would imagine) is crystal clear and strongly felt. So I feel that any body that was choosing to be a member of what you are planning would primarily along with everything else be enjoying being aligned with such a clear strong beautiful light and love energy flowing regularly and available each time they log in. Now I am going to sample the coaching call that you provided.
With Peace, Joy, Fun, Pleasure, and Love,
JoreJj Z.

Melody Fletcher June 14, 2012 at 16:13

Hey JoreJj,

Thank you so much for your beautiful words! The plan is to create pretty much what I have done with the site and blog – a place to be uplifted, to gain clarity and to mingle with like minded individuals, only on a deeper level. It’s worked brilliantly on the site and blog and I can’t wait to get to know my readers a bit better through the membership site. I’m truly excited about it and I’m fully aware that it’s a totally inspired idea. Nothing that feels this good and this right could be anything else.

I look forward to reading what you have to say about the call! :)