Happy. Shiny. Puppy. Hugs. Enough Said.

Post image for Happy. Shiny. Puppy. Hugs. Enough Said.

by Melody Fletcher on May 6, 2012

As many of my regular readers know, I tend to sign off on comments and emails with “Huge Hugs” or the longer version “Happy Shiny Puppy Hugs”. But what exactly is a Happy Shiny Puppy? And what does it have to do with the Law of Attraction?

The time has come for me to explain. You’re ready. I’m ready. The puppies are ready. The LOL Cats possibly aren’t (they’re more reluctant to hug), but they’ll catch up.

Why do we even study the Law of Attraction?

For me, the purpose of understanding how we create and receive our reality isn’t so much about manifesting my rooftop Jacuzzi (it’s going to be freaking awesome!) and much more about figuring out how to actually be happy. I’ve been very lucky. I’ve always been a fighter. Born into a belief that I always had to work harder than everyone else just to keep up, I worked my way to total exhaustion on several occasions, nearly had a nervous breakdown at one point, manifested all kinds of physical ailments, carried around a hundred extra pounds of weight, squashed and ignored my feelings for years and basically created a great deal of suffering in my life. And then, when the suffering finally got so big that I couldn’t keep going no matter how hard I was willing to struggle, I had no choice but to let go. All those years, as I’d been denying who I really was, it was as though I’d been pulling back on a bungee cord. The harder I pulled and the further I got from my True Self, the greater the pressure became. When I finally let go of that bungee cord, I was catapulted into this new place of wonder and understanding and peace and love and yes, happiness. I figured out who I really was and since achieving this quantum leap, I’ve been achieving greater and greater understanding of not just myself, but Who We Really Are in general.

I realized at some point that my propensity for fighting and creating suffering was actually what had made it possible for me to grow so quickly and gain the understanding that I now have (by growth was born of my suffering. That’s not necessary, but it’s quite common). Many of you are discovering the same thing.

The symbol for Who We Really Are

As I became more and more familiar with this person who I’d always been but had always been much too afraid to let out, as I started to act as my True Self, speak as her, engage with others as her, I wanted to find a way to explain the essence of what I was experiencing to others. I wanted to communicate what it feels like to be truly open, loving, trusting, self-aware, confident, playful, engaged, in the moment, joyful, enthusiastic, positive, passionate, authentic, brave, happy and full of awesome expectation. None of those words do this feeling justice. I needed a symbol of some kind, something that truly represented what it feels like to be Who We Really Are.  Enter the Happy Shiny Puppy.

What is a Happy Shiny Puppy?

I love words. I truly do. Anyone who has ever met me in person or spoken to me on the phone (or let’s face it, read one of my blog posts), knows that I’m, let’s just say, generous with my use of words. And yet, words often aren’t the best medium to convey feelings and energetic concepts.

So, instead of just describing the concept of the Happy Shiny Puppy to you, I decided to couple my words with images instead. And I made the following video:

I need your help

If you like the video, please do me the huge favor and SHARE IT (you can share the whole post or just the video). I’d really appreciate it if you could help me get the word out, so that all those who are ready to hear the call of the Happy Shiny Puppy will have an easy time doing so.

So, are you a Happy Shiny Puppy? Do you want to be? What did you think of the video? Was I successful in communicating the essence of the HSP? I look forward to reading your comments! :)

Janice Moore May 6, 2012 at 16:10

I AM A HAPPY SHINY PUPPY!! And I am learning to be a BETTER Happy Shiny Puppy. Thank you Melody for making me laugh out lout (and of course it went straight to tears streaming down my face) and laughing out loud again that I almost peed my pants. Bless you, honey.

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 16:29

Wow Janice! That’s a lot of bodily fluids for one video, he, he. I’m so glad you liked it. From one happy shiny puppy to another: Happy Shiny Puppy Hugs!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for being here!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Being Not Responsible vs. Being IrresponsibleMy Profile

Nathalie May 6, 2012 at 16:31

This is too funny! I’ll post to my Facebook page, and if it’s OK with you, can I link to it from my 28 Day Happy Challenge log?
Nathalie invites you to read..Mental Health Awareness MonthMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 20:26

Of course, Nathalie! Link Away! :)
I really appreciate the share. Thank you so much!

HSP Hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Re-Awakening: Guided Meditations My Profile

Nathalie May 6, 2012 at 22:41

Thanks Melody! I added it to one of my Pinterest boards, too. Already been repinned once. :-)
Nathalie invites you to read..What is the Meaning of Om?My Profile

walks a lot May 6, 2012 at 16:48

Hey melody, Good stuff…I laughed i cried …but i never felt the need to peeee.lol
I also posted this on to my facebook page..have a great day..
stan walks a lot … soon to be walking -a lot

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 20:27

Thanks so much Stan! I really appreciate the share.

Your bladder is probably well trained due to all that walking, he, he.

HSP Hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About ChannelingMy Profile

Mary Carol May 6, 2012 at 17:12

Awesome, Melody!

All the Shiny Happy Puppies Unite! I’m sharing it everywhere I can think of.

Hugs and love,

Mary Carol invites you to read..Random QuestionsMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 20:28

Thanks Mary Carol! Let’s get the word out!

Then, the Happy Shiny Puppy Army can take over the world. :D

HSP Hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Can I use the Law of Attraction to Get Rid of B.O.?My Profile

Betsy at Zen Mama May 6, 2012 at 17:55

I am a Shiny Happy Puppy, too! That is truly my best self! I love the video and will share this afternoon. And love the music, too, by the way!!
Betsy at Zen Mama invites you to read..Did Getting Mad Find The Sock Any Faster?My Profile

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 20:29

Thanks so much Betsy! I love the music, too. I wanted something silly and fun.

Huge happy shiny puppy hugs! :)
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How To Forgive Those Who Have Hurt YouMy Profile

Vidya Sury May 6, 2012 at 19:15

I love it when you say “huge hugs”. Hugs are contagious and smiles are infectious. How come? I love both.

I am thrilled to be a happy shiny puppy. It is the only way to be.

Um…huge shiny puppy hugs to you.

That video is gorgeous and I’ll be glad to share it!
Vidya Sury invites you to read..Scenes In SerenityMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 6, 2012 at 20:31

Thanks so much Vidya.

I think what is contagious is the energy behind the hug and the smile. The smile is a symptom of a high vibration. And THAT’S what’s infectious. The hug is a symptom of connection. We hug those we feel connected to, those we have affection for. And our true selves feel connected to and affection for everyone. So, bring on the hugs!!! I know no better way of conveying those emotions.

May the hugs be with you! Ha.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Does the Law of Attraction Encourage People To Be Delusional?My Profile

Paige | simple mindfulness May 6, 2012 at 22:16

I’ve always been a big hugger (think bear hugs) and hug everyone I meet. It just feels good!

I needed this video today! I’ve been working with issues about seeing my parents later this week. Last visit with my mom wasn’t pretty. I shared the video far and wide!

Melody – Thanks so much for being the totally Awesome Person That You Are!!!!
Paige | simple mindfulness invites you to read..Letting GoMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 7, 2012 at 22:02

Thanks so much Paige! I’m so glad it made you feel better. :)

Huge Happy Shiny Puppy Hugs!!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How To Forgive YourselfMy Profile

Neseret May 7, 2012 at 00:42

That was ADORABLE!

I can totally relate to your story Melody. I’m learning to be a Happy, Shiny Puppy. Slowly I’m learning to surrender and let go and it feels GOOD. Puppies have a lot to teach me:-) Thanks for sharing!

BIG happy, shiny Hugs,

Neseret
Neseret invites you to read..The Link Between Violence, Mental ILL Health & Substance MisuseMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 7, 2012 at 22:03

Thanks so much Neseret!

I totally agree. We can learn a lot from puppies. And kittens. And babies. The little ones are all so much more connected, aren’t they? :)

HSP Hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..What Firefighters Know About Not Giving UpMy Profile

Susan May 7, 2012 at 14:38

The video is awesome – my 5 year old daughter wanted to watch it several times in a row. I shared it through Facebook ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration!
Susan
Susan invites you to read..SynchronicityMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 7, 2012 at 22:04

Thanks so much Susan! I consider your 5 year old’s stamp of approval enormous validation. The only way it could be better is if a puppy joined you. :D

HSP hugs!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Saying Yes to Change (Book Giveaway)My Profile

Elle May 7, 2012 at 17:09

Now that Melody is the epitome of happy, shiny, puppy hugs. Focus on those and how can you feel anything but happy and shiny and ready to give and get hugs?

Encourage one another.
Elle
Elle invites you to read..Life As A Movie.My Profile

Melody Fletcher May 7, 2012 at 22:05

Thanks Elle! I totally agree. How can one focus on a happy shiny puppy hug and not just feel all warm and fuzzy? :)

HSP Hugs!

Jenapher May 7, 2012 at 18:35

I did it!!! I received my first intentional manifestation since starting to read your blog! A delicious looking lemon cupcake (I love lemon desserts) showed up this morning “out of nowhere” :D Now for my Toyota 4Runner… Do you think it’s a good practice to say “There’s my 4Runner” every time I see one on the road? Along with vizualizing how it would feel to have it too, of course. :) xoxo

Melody Fletcher May 7, 2012 at 22:07

YAAAAAAY Jenapher! That’s awesome! Good work!

Yes, it’s a great idea, as long as it feels good every time you notice that Toyota. If you start to say it through clenched teeth, you’re off the mark. Ironically, my next post (Tuesday) uses an example of manifesting a car… So, you know, there’s that. :)

HSP Hugs!

Julie | A Clear Sign May 8, 2012 at 02:59

I have to hand it to you – that was very cute :)
Julie | A Clear Sign invites you to read..Thank You Universal Collective Intelligence For Your SupportMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 8, 2012 at 15:27

Thanks so much Julie! :)

HSP Hugs!

Fatima May 8, 2012 at 04:27

I smiled, I laughed, I cried and then smiled again. That’s basically what happened while I’m watching the video. I’m going to share it on Facebook. :) Give hugs everyday, Happy Shiny Puppy! :)
Fatima invites you to read..best dating tips in 2012My Profile

Melody Fletcher May 8, 2012 at 15:28

Thanks so much Fatima! I really appreciate the share and compliment. :)

HSP Hugs!

brian s. May 8, 2012 at 06:19

Really great video and funny! Happy slappy shiny tiny puppy hugs to you! Ha ha

Melody Fletcher May 8, 2012 at 15:30

Thanks Brian! I’m so glad you liked it! :)

You have taken the HSP hug to a new level. I feel challenged…

Happy Shiny Roundhouse kick dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on top Puppy Hugs.
You did ask for it. :lol:

Happiness May 8, 2012 at 09:01

Happiness comes to them who opens their door for small treats that life provides to them. So be happy and live longer!
Happiness invites you to read..#30 Happiness-How to Remain Happy When Feeling Overwhelmed by LifeMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 8, 2012 at 15:30

Exactly! Couldn’t agree more! :o )

HSP Hugs,

Allen May 8, 2012 at 12:33

That photo of the the puppy and the kitty is so hilarious. It reminds me of our pets when they were young. Now, they are the best of friends.
Allen invites you to read..the east coast swing danceMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 8, 2012 at 15:31

I love that one, too Allen. Thanks so much for commenting.

Huge HSP Hugs!

patricia May 8, 2012 at 23:00

loved this – smiled ear to ear and shared and shared and shared
patricia invites you to read..GullibleMy Profile

Melody Fletcher May 9, 2012 at 00:34

Thanks so much Patricia!!

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Difference Between Denial and Positive ThinkingMy Profile

{ 5 trackbacks }