Manifestation Is A Real S.O.B!

Post image for Manifestation Is A Real S.O.B!

by Melody Fletcher on November 13, 2011

This is a guest post by Steve Rice at Karmic Kappuccino.

When I was first exposed to the Law of Attraction, I resisted it. Because of my conditioning in society, I did not want to believe that I had so much power; and therefore, so much responsibility. A little book that helped me to absorb the truth of the Law and to recognize its power in my life was James Allen’s As A Man Thinketh.

I would divide the 7 essays from Allen’s book and read one each day of the week. I did this for months, if not years, until the power of his words seeped into my soul.

How Does This Manifestation Thing Work?

Once I had accepted the Law of Attraction, I immediately set off on a new pursuit. Because you are reading Deliberate Receiving, I know that you and I share this pursuit.  That is the pursuit to figure out manifestation.  After watching the mega-hit, The Secret, I remember thinking, “Okay, I get it…and I agree with it, mostly. But I gotta figure this out for myself.”

I was wrestling with a major shift in paradigm. The Law of Attraction challenged the foundation of how I had lived my life to that point. I was sorta excited and at the same time, really kinda scared. I knew that if I started taking responsibility for my internal world (my focus, thoughts and emotions), everything would change.

I wasn’t disappointed. It did. But it has also been a challenge. As I have said, I know that you are engaged in the same pursuit due to the fact that you are reading Melody’s blog. You, too, want to “figure it out.” Right?

Well, let me scramble your eggs a little bit. You are going about this whole thing the wrong way!

How do I know?  Because I was too!  As soon as we recognize the truth of the Law of Attraction, we want to figure out how to make manifestation work for us, right?

This isn’t bad. Think about your basic physical science class in grade school.  Do you remember learning about gravity? Do you remember learning Newton’s laws? You learned that by adjusting a fulcrum, you could leverage your energy and magnify your efforts with the use of levers and pulleys.

We do the same thing with the Law of Attraction. The problem is that we are trying to apply a spiritual / emotional law using analysis. The Law of Attraction is one of emotional energy. You can’t successfully make a task of it. In the same way, it would be futile to ride a roller coaster and say, “Okay, now I’m going to really use gravity even more to hold me to the ground.”

Honey, you got on the ride, there are other laws (propulsion and thermodynamics) which influence your experience on the ride.  It is a good thing, too. Otherwise, you would peak at the pinnacle of the roller coaster and zoom to your death if there were no other laws at play.

What You Really Want To Know

We say we want to figure out how the LOA works, but what we really want to know is how can I learn to manipulate this system to get what I want?

Tell the truth. You want to figure out the “key” so that you can break the rules, right?  We want to figure out a way to game the system. I want to figure out how to manifest what I want when I want it without really doing the work to properly align the energy that I am presenting to the world.

It won’t work. Believe me!

When we focus on manifestation, we have diverted our consciousness from the now to the fantasy of what we wish our lives were instead. You can’t jump into the future that way.

Remember this: There Is No Future, There Is Only NOW.

The future into which we would propel ourselves is a farce. It doesn’t exist and never will. The only thing that will exist is the present moment. So live this moment.  I think Jesus said it best when he said, “Don’t focus on tomorrow. It will take care of itself.” (my paraphrase)

Great…What The Hell Do I Do Now?

Okay…I know you may be a little P.O.’d at me right now. I’ve just told you to let go of the LOA and quit trying to “use” it.

So now what?

Here’s my advice. Manifestation in regards to the Law of Attraction is not a task to “do”.  It is not a chore you assign or a goal you set to accomplish. Manifestation is a reflection. What has appeared in your life (actually, your perception of it) is a direct reflection of your internal world.

It is a law. You can argue with me. You can explain every reason why the law doesn’t apply to you. Truth is, it doesn’t matter if you believe it wholeheartedly or just a little bit. A law is a law.

So…knowing this, if you want to produce something differently in your life, you have to be someone different.

No, that’s not really correct. You have to remember who you already are and the power you already have. There is no separation. The only disconnect is in your belief that there is one.  Time is a construct and is quite literally, relative. Professor Einstein showed us this.  The distance of time you resist in the process of manifestation only exists because you hold it as a belief.

A Course in Miracles teaches us that infinite patience produces immediate results. Meditate on this truth and see what happens for you.

Just remember…you are the divine spark. There is not separation of you from the Creative Source (whatever you name it).  Instead of becoming frustrated at what you are (or are not) manifesting, and thereby creating more of that which you are frustrated by, focus on remembering the truth.

In the movie The Matrix, our hero, Neo goes to visit an oracle who will tell him if he is the chosen one. While waiting to be received, he talks with a young boy who is bending spoons with his mind. The boy says something to him that I have remembered all these years. It is one of the best lessons I think any of us can ever learn.

“Don’t try to bend the spoon,” he tells Neo. “That’s impossible! Instead, focus on the truth.”

“What truth?” Neo asks.

“There is no spoon.”

Remember the truth of your physical world. It is all a playground for your soul. Your physical experience is an expression of the joy of your spirit. So when you get caught up and frustrated trying to “bend the spoon” (by fighting the now and trying to manipulate manifestation), remember that none of it exists, really.

Your emotions are real. Your thoughts are real. The rest is just a reflection.

Steve Rice is a speaker and renegade who lives on the edge and tells stories that make a difference for those ready to take a leap. You can learn more about Steve and the shift he describes in his debut bookAn Imperceptible Spark: Finding the Courage to Live a Life of Joy at his blog at Karmic Kappuccino.

Image Credit: MotivatedPhotos.com

farouk November 13, 2011 at 16:04

that’s a great point of view Steve
nice post

Steve Rice November 13, 2011 at 20:33

Thanks, Farouk. Appreciate your comments.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Vishnu November 13, 2011 at 17:35

This is a great quote: You have to remember who you already are and the power you already have. There is no separation. The only disconnect is in your belief that there is one.

Are you suggesting not practicing, but simply ‘being’ the loa? Experiencing it, not achieving it?

Steve Rice November 13, 2011 at 20:36

Thanks, Vishnu. So glad that this post resonated with you. Thanks for your comment and insight. I appreciate it.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Stephen November 13, 2011 at 19:49

Excellent post. Thank you for sharing what I have been slowly coming to realize.

Steve Rice November 14, 2011 at 04:32

Thank you, Stephen. I am glad that you have become awakened to this.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Cathy | Treatment Talk November 13, 2011 at 20:54

I like your line, “Your physical experience is a expression of the joy of your spirit.” Inspiring post, thanks for sharing.
Cathy | Treatment Talk invites you to read..How Running Promotes Long Term Recovery (Part 1)My Profile

Steve Rice November 14, 2011 at 04:33

Thank you so much, Cathy.

I am so thankful that this point connected to you. I really appreciate your comment.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Ryan Biddulph November 14, 2011 at 06:34

SENsational Steve! So happy you are on Melody’s blog: 2 of my fave inspirational people ;)

Here’s the deal, which you hit, spot on. Be the person. The person you want to be, be it. And you forget about the LOA, or trying to manipulate circumstances, or trying, or attempting, or whatever. When your being changes, the vibe comes with it. This is uncomfortable at first, because your ego screams “where’s my stuff” “look at how much time (illusion) has elapsed, and still no results (illusion).”

This can drive you nuts, until you start meditating, deeply, frequently. Until you learn to say present consistently. Avoiding the urge to dwell on an impossible future which never comes, or the ghost of the past, which never existed.

Now. That’s it. Be, Now, and watch the wonderful manifestations which arise, without you trying anymore. Effortless, when you learn to change your being, remain present, and enjoy the heck out of it!!

Thanks Guys!

RB
Ryan Biddulph invites you to read..3 Quick and Easy Tips to Boost Opt-ins the Lazy WayMy Profile

Steve Rice November 15, 2011 at 01:31

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Ryan. You’re absolutely spot-on…when we change our being (internally) the energy we’re projecting into the world is in alignment with that new state of being. Plus, it just feels darned good! :D

It is exciting when the manifestation flows effortlessly. That’s when it’s a challenge not to jump in and try to figure it out or understand the “how” and try to manipulate it.

It’s all about allowing in the end.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Pj Zafra November 14, 2011 at 13:28

Hey Steve,

Amazing post here! I loved it! You nailed a lot of great points here. Love the insights you’ve shared here. Most of which are definitely eye openers. Thanks for sharing this! Keep it up! :)
Pj Zafra invites you to read..Sean’s Thoughts For The Week Ahead – 11My Profile

Steve Rice November 16, 2011 at 02:26

Thanks for stopping by, PJ
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Sara November 14, 2011 at 14:05

Hi Steve, thanks for your article!
You remind us here of our most popular illusion: that we can make things happen, without participating in them; actually without becoming them first, as manifestation occurs just as a reflection of our internal state.
As I experience the process of manifestation in my life, I rather have to find what resonates with me (by checking on ideas and images), than to try to attune to an idea or image I want to manifest in my life (setting a goal by intention first). Though I don´t think that it´s not working that way (you never know what ultimately “clicks” with you, without trying it out), I believe that everything we could ever want and need is already a match to us – lies there inside of us, and we can find out what our lifes are about by contemplating on things, finding out what strikes a chord in us most strongly.
Sometimes we find out by chance, sometimes by intent, or by employing everything we have learned so far, inclusively “going inside” as good as we can.

To be honest, I have not yet come to a place, where I can plainly see that my life experiences are a reflection of my inner world exclusively. But I know already, that I have an inner truth which is the only truth I have to relate to in my life, what bears fruit for me and others as well (surprise?!).
I once read about a spiritual healer, who did not heal people by focusing on their complete health, but just by focusing on his own truth, eliminating wrong ideas about himself within himself. This really stroke me, because it shows so lovingely, that we don´t relate to each other in contradiction and competition, but that there is just truth which heals and connects all of us.

Greetings from Berlin
Sara

Steve Rice November 15, 2011 at 01:36

Sara,

Thanks for your comment. I love the insight you posted about how we sometimes find it by chance, intent and internalization.

Beautiful sentiments. I especially love your anecdote about the healer. Profound. Thanks again for sharing.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Kim November 14, 2011 at 19:29

Great post Steve!

My favorite line is: Manifestation is a reflection. Very simple, very powerful. It reminds me as you said that it is not something to do, but is simpley a reflection of your internal world. That puts it into perspective because it makes me more accountable to do the real work of aligning my energy and then watching the manifestation reflect where I am.

Thanks Steve

Steve Rice November 15, 2011 at 01:37

that’s exactly it, Kim. It’s about doing the work to come into alignment and then allow the results to unfold. Brilliant. Thanks for the kind comment.
Steve Rice invites you to read..The Wrong QuestionMy Profile

Sherrie Koretke November 16, 2011 at 17:32

My favorite part, Steve is your ending. It is exactly what the Law of Attraction is about. “Your emotions are real. Your thoughts are real. The rest is just a reflection.” LOVED this post!!

Steve Rice November 16, 2011 at 18:23

Thanks so much, Sherrie. That ending came through exactly as it was written (no editing). When I wrote it, I remember thinking, “Ok, that’s all. The end.” LOL.
Steve Rice invites you to read..I Wanna Be The Guy…My Profile

Cheryl December 4, 2011 at 09:25

Maybe I’m slow, but I’m just not getting this. I read in the LOA world, you get what you focus on. Then I hear don’t focus on anything the Universe will know what you want. Also, “Act as if”, but be prepared if you never receive it and still manage to be blissfully happy. Has this worked for anyone in the “real world” or is this just rhetoric? I’ve been trying since April 17th 2011 and nothing has manifested in my life that I want. I would love to hear from someone who has actually manifested something using these principles.

Melody Fletcher December 5, 2011 at 16:17

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to Deliberate Receiving!
Ok, I see how all of these different perspectives could be confusing. Basically, the premise is that you have to find a way to line up with the energy of what you want. All of those different methods are just different techniques for doing that. If one doesn’t work, try another. If you haven’t yet done so, I suggest you download my free e-book. It fully explains the mechanics behind manifestation and will hopefully make sense of all these different methods for you. All I can tell you is that I’ve manifested tons of stuff deliberately, and I truly believe this stuff works. If you want to talk specifics, I’m happy to do so. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Interpretation of Dreams – Do They Mean Anything?My Profile

Kat September 11, 2012 at 15:13

Very nice article shedding some clarity to the topic. “Infinite patience produces immediate results”- I wonder if this sentence can be elaborated upon. I think I get it- we need to chill, not fret and drive ourselves nuts since everything is a reflection of our emotional world. If we chill, we will eventally get results when the universe deems appropriate. Am I on the right track for this one?

When I was little, I felt that this world was not “real”, like it was some sort of dream-like state. I remember feeling that. When I suffered from anxiety attacks, I felt the same thing. I am so glad I am calm again; but all this is really nothing but an illusion created by us while we are here? Is this the truth?

Melody Fletcher September 11, 2012 at 19:44

Hey Kat,

That’s the way I read it and it’s what I know to be true – if you back off and just allow, which means you don’t put pressure on time tables, the when or the, you align with the energy of what you want and get immediate results. Usually, the first result you get is that you feel better. And then, providing you keep on allowing, the rest will trickle in.

I think this world is real. We experience it and therefore it’s real. It’s just that the non-physical is real, too. I don’t see it as an illusion. We have created matter – matter which we can experience. It’s not some kind of fake simulation. It’s just that the whole is so much bigger than we think it is and this matter can change and be rearranged according to our vibration. It’s real but not permanent. It’s always in a temporary state, being recreated over and over again (or not). Does that make sense?

Fascinating question…

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..How I Gave Myself Permission To Play AgainMy Profile

Kat September 11, 2012 at 20:56

Yes, it is. I tried to explain it as best I could from what I remember as a small child, and that was that there is so much more to it that meets the eye. Thanks!