Vibrational Discord Explained (Article)

by Melody Fletcher on February 19, 2011

Our emotions serve as a feedback system, letting us know how close or far away we are from Who We Really Are. Negative emotions are an indicator of vibrational discord. But what exactly do I mean by vibrational discord, and how does that translate into real world examples of how we manifest our reality?

Read More…

Image Source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=851

Mary Carol October 4, 2011 at 00:33

Wow Melody! This article is so clear! Thank you. I knew that with raising vibrations, bad stuff “comes out.” Your explanation of a greater discord on specific issues makes so much sense, and will really help me deal with negative emotions when they come up.

I also especially like your example of the homeless man. “Help” to me implies a power imbalance. Who can say what will actually help? But unconditional gifting, even a smile or a hello, from an attitude of respect and acknowledgement of soul — yes! Now to go back and read the link…

Huge thanks and appreciation! And hugs,

Melody Fletcher October 4, 2011 at 01:53

Hi Mary Carol,

I’m really glad that you found this article so helpful. You must be working your way through the entire site! :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Indigo Children Part 1 – Sifting Through The BullshitMy Profile

Mary Carol October 4, 2011 at 02:03

Yup! And enjoying every minute. Woohoo! Namaste!

Sameer March 23, 2012 at 11:28

Hey Awesome Melody,

This one is again which speaks about basic math about LOA. Felt like I am very genius in LOA after reading it ;)

You are Super LOA women!

Huge Hugs & Love,
Sameer

Melody Fletcher March 24, 2012 at 00:04

Thanks Sameer!

Keep it up and you’ll know LOA better than I do… LOL.

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Questions From A Law Of Attraction Skeptic Part 1My Profile

Laura June 16, 2012 at 21:46

This helps me make sense of quite a few things in life. I must say I got here through a few other links and reading your articles, is very enlightening. I got an aha moment from the grief article and how we reach to feel good. Something from my personal life now makes more sense than ever, so thank you for that. But there was a feeling of discomfort from the neediness part of it too.

Reading certain things can serve to makes me feel better, but unfortunately, most of the time it hits the intellectual part of me and doesn’t last. I revert back to grieving or not feeling great simply because the person I am “needing” isn’t here or I am not doing something I enjoy.

Knowing that part of the vibrational discord in my last relationship was in part due to my so called neediness is what created some serious discomfort and I felt I needed to analyze myself into feeling better about it. Of course there was much more to it and I understand those things too. But sometimes it feels so complicated and resistance kicks in. I also feel ashamed since I know hanging on was not healthy for either one of us and letting go would be scary, well because he’d just go and be with someone else and I don’t want that. But what’s the big deal of that if I don’t ‘really’ want him and know very well that we are not a good match?

That also brings me to another question of letting go…How? How does one really let go so that she can feel good again? Is it that I have to stop thinking about whatever it is I want to let go of? I just don’t know how to do that while still caring that the situation didn’t work out, etc.

And then how do I go about raising my vibe? Right now I’m in a place of no job nor am I feeling much purpose. How do I get to a point where I can know what that purpose is? There is too much conscious mind wrapped up in this dilemma. I don’t know what it is I truly want, except a high level income so I can be secure and not worry about things that depend on finances. But doing something for the sake of income?

That’s not what I want either. The vehicle in which I accomplish that matters. I have sporadic feelings of passion but they don’t last. I’ve started a few blogs in the realm of pet information. I was a pet sitter and I liked it at times and other times I hated it. But I love animals, but taking care of others pets is exhausting full time. I start blogs and I get an article or two out there and then I lose motivation and feel absolutely no inspiration. And I stop writing and feel absolutely no pull to do so again. It’s happening again and I don’t feel like doing anything, except reading email and this blog. :)

I am in need (and yes there’s that word again) of an income but feel no inspiration to go out and get a j.o.b. But there are bills to pay and responsibilities to take care of. Do I simply bite the bullet and go out and get a position at a local convenience store so that I can have a paycheck until I can “figure out” what it is I am on this planet to do?

Ugh…tired of being stuck. I am now on my way to read more here. I just love your brand of humor.

Melody Fletcher June 18, 2012 at 17:01

Hi Laura,

The main issue in your question is this: You are trying to take action WAY too soon. You keep looking for action to take that will bring you the results you want. But that’s the heard way to go about it. If you spend a little more time focusing on feeling good first, just for the sake of feeling good, the right ideas and passion will come to you. Ideas are manifestations, too.

If you’re worried about money, and getting some kind of meaningless job would help you feel better and more secure so that it would be easier for you to do this energy work, then by all means do that. You know that it’s just temporary and just to relieve the pressure for now so that it’s easier for you to get into a good feeling place, where the real beef is. :)

How do you let go of someone? First and foremost, you cannot let go as long as you keep focusing on “What went wrong”. My advice would be to go and distract yourself with a different subject for a while, something that makes you feel good but doesn’t trigger the boyfriend issue. When you feel better, you can clean up those beliefs. You’ll have access to much better feeling thoughts. The short answer is, you let go by shifting your perspective and by focusing on thoughts that feel good. You are only holding on to this man because you think that if you got him back you’d feel good. That’s a false belief, too, since this man wasn’t all that nice to you. So, you’ve associated a fantasy with him and THAT’s what you’re longing for.
You can have what that fantasy would provide – you can feel good and you don’t need your ex to do that (nor would it actually help).
Focus on thoughts that allow you to feel better – not good (that’s too far of a reach right at first), just better. Focus on relief.

So, if getting a quick job feels better to you than not having a job, do that. It’s not the end goal, but it will feel better NOW. If thinking of your ex as an a-hole whose face you’d love to punch in feels better than wondering what’s wrong with you, then do that. From there, you’ll be able to access the next better feeling thought. Perhaps you’ll realize that his behavior had less to do with you and more to do with how he felt about himself. These still aren’t happy thoughts, they’re just BETTER thoughts. Work your way up incrementally and you’ll get there much faster than you think you can. :)

Melody Fletcher invites you to read..The Deliberate Receiving Membership Site is LIVE!!!My Profile

Laura June 16, 2012 at 22:12

Oh and there’s one other thing I forgot to include…(sorry)…

What about the continuous act of getting distracted? Is that a sign of resistance? I get interested in something (I touched on it above but didn’t elaborate), and then get distracted from something else that seems to fit better as a first step. “Oh I should do that first then come back to that other thing. Or it’s just simply just another shiny object that has temporarily caught my attention.

A really good example is in the subject of self development. I read one book and start to do the exercises then come across another program, start that one or maybe I don’t even start. It sits on my hard drive and I never look at it again and I do it again with yet another thing that has a great sales page but then get discouraged after the first chapter or after trying the meditation once. This is majorly frustrating. What is that all about? Because after a while, it’s so overwhelming to have all these products and projects planned to do, but everything just sits and gathers dust, because all overwhelm gets me is paralyzed.

Melody Fletcher June 18, 2012 at 17:04

Partially, it’s a sign of resistance and partially it’s a sign of split focus. But it still comes down to you focusing WAY too much on the action. You’re not jumping from desire to desire, you’re jumping from action to action – the action that you think you have to take in order to get what you want. And what you want isn’t a blog, it’s to be financially stable while doing something that you’re passionate about. You want to feel fulfilled. You want to feel good. Like you’re making a difference. Something you’re good at.

Focus on that and don’t take action on anything until you literally can’t stop yourself. That kind of passion doesn’t dissipate after a few days. :)

Hugs!
Melody Fletcher invites you to read..Quick Questions About LOA and Manifesting Volume 3My Profile

Abueng August 6, 2013 at 16:50

Awesome, as usual. I was just thinking about why the same thoughts or situations will feel worse to different people or even the same person at different times in their lives. I was trying to make sense of the example that Abraham gave of Esther falling to her knees when she saw some people suffering through a terrible experience and Abraham told her that those people weren’t feeling as badly about it as she was. I couldn’t understand why, since our emotions are feedback on the vibrational difference between you and YOU, those people’s perspective made a difference. Wouldn’t the the thought be just as far away from those people’s Inner Being’s thoughts on the subject as it was from Esther’s? But your explanation makes perfect sense.
This article clicked everything into place. And gave me more to think about. :)
Thank you!

Becca December 13, 2013 at 05:26

I am just getting more crazy about you the more I read!! I’ve decided to read each blog of yours that resonates with me from beginning to end. My theory being: a blog a day will keep the negative thoughts away!!
I had recently raised my vibration quite a bit over the past 2 months, but then not so great things started to happen financially and I was getting frustrated. I started my blog-a-day theory last night. And in the past 24 hours I manifested all the money I needed to put me back on the LOA wagon. And mind you it’s not so much having $$$ as it is KNOWING I can manifest it and be on that vibrational peak!
But reading your blogs helps me find that vibration happy shinny puppy feeling! That space I need to be in and THIS one in particular really explained all those (crappy) emotions I was feeling after I felt I had come so far! So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!